cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't been able to receive emails or connect to Facebook since Sunday afternoon, 8/21/11. Anyone else have this problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haven't been able to receive emails or connect to Facebook since Sunday afternoon, 8/21/11. Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't been able to receive or send emails or connect to the Facebook server on my Blackberry 8350i since Sunday afternoon, 8/21/11.  It is now Monday afternoon, 8/22/11, and still nothing.  Is anyone else having this problem, or knows what to do?  I took my battery out to try to reset everything, and put it back in, but still nothing received.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

In the top right of the phone, next to the signal indicator, what it does it show? Usually it will have a 1x, 1xev, or a 1X, or 1XEV (capitals do matter in this case)

Highlighted
Wizard

Doh! I did miss it was the 8350i. On a Nextel Blackberry, it should be listed as NXTL or nxtl, or some variety between. It might also just show an X or an SOS. Let me know of *those* it is, please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I do have NXtl  in the top right corner, with WiFi underneath in 'gray', and under that is a symbol that looks like a compass w/ 3 curved bars coming out from it.  I also found out that I cannot connect to the web - I get a message that I'm not in an area that can handle data communication.  

Just seems strange that it was working fine until Sunday afternoon, and I have been in numerous locations so I should have been able to connect somewhere along the way, especially in the same areas I've always been able to connect in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still unable to connect to internet service after 2 1/2 days.  All mobile and wi-fi connections say they are connected, but can't get service.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat