cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a BlackBerry Newbie Learn

Journeyman

Help a BlackBerry Newbie Learn

I just bought a Curve 8330, with a Everything 450 plan, and is new to the BlackBerry world. I have been slowly learning how to use the phone, yet it is so much more powerful than my previous phone. To BlackBerry veterans, what tips, tricks, or applications should I try to fully use my new phone?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Help a BlackBerry Newbie Learn

I'm a BB Curve newbie as well and I'm interested in the same. Maybe these are already familiar or available with other phones (not the Instinct that thankfully broke on me, allowing me to get the Curve) but I love them already.

vlingo - voice recognition that allows you to speak many things on the BB without the need to type - my fat fingers love it!

Google Maps - everyone knows this app, now with Street View!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm a big fan of the articles, commentary and forums over at Crackberry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do not forget Viigo either. Their new project tango is also going to be coming out with some really awesome features as well. www.viigo.com

You can also go there directly from the blackberry and download the app. Viigo is an RSS aggregator with inline html viewer.

The above poster also mentions www.crackberry.com which is an awesome blackberry site. They also have an over-the-air version by going to wap.crackberry.com from the blackberry browser. You can even post in their forums really easily from the wap version.

My PIN is 317F7519 for those who want to see what blackberry messenger is all about. If you really like IM then look into the IM apps from RIM's website at www.blackberry.com or if you want an all-in-one IM app from what I've seen BeejiveIM is the best. www.beejive.com

Don't forget to mess around with your Sprint TV app, it's actually got some good stuff in there. Don't ignore it. You can also change your email stuff from http://sprint.blackberry.com and manage stuff such as resending service books.

Highlighted
Journeyman

+1 for beejive! Its well worth the $!

Highlighted

Highlighted
Journeyman

@offroadn_redneck wrote:
LOL! i just went to the Beejive website and looked at the screen shots. I love the reference to Office Space. I was rolling on the floor!

Highlighted
Journeyman

....that was 'nuff said.

crackberry.com  is the source, including unsupported tools and experiences along with the rudimentary FAQ's for users of all skill and pace.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat