cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the Blackberry Curve 8530 SMS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Help with the Blackberry Curve 8530 SMS

Well I been with sprint for about 9/10 years and I love phones. Well I just upgraded my Katana to a Blackberry Curve 8530. It is not too bad except that the qwerty keyboard keys could be a little bigger. Well everytime I hit a contact and hit sms mobile...it takes me to the call log. Well I called customer service and they had me turn my phone off and take the battery out and then back in and turn the phone on again. Well it worked for like a few times and then it was doing it again. The sprint rep I talked to again told me if it kept doing it to take it to a sprint store to have it reset which I did and now it is still doing it. I just want to know if anyone else is having that issue. Or any other issue with the Blackberry Curve 8530. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Help with the Blackberry Curve 8530 SMS

i access the contacts and then scrolled to contact and highligthed it.....then pushed bb/menu button and from pop up window selected "mms that contact name"......

the 8530 did it correctly.....

i access the contacts and then highlighted that contacted selected it......then pushed bb/menu button and from pop up window selected "mms that contact name".......the 8530 did it correctly.....

i tried it on 3 different 8530 and it worked on all three ---- tried both pathways....

is the pathway correct ??

Journeyman

Re: Help with the Blackberry Curve 8530 SMS

Shoeboy: when I had my blackberry pearl I could just hit the letter of the contact I wanted to send the sms to and hit sms and it would take me to the sms so I could send it. Now with this blackberry when I do that it sometimes take me to the call log instead of the sms. I know you can go through contacts also to send an sms but it is easier for me just to hit the letter of the contact then hit sms. As far as the pathway what are you referring to because I can access the contact through different ways.Thank you for your help.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat