ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my Blackberry Tour to connect my laptop to the internet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I use my Blackberry Tour to connect my laptop to the internet?

I would like to use my Blackberry Tour to access the internet on my laptop computer.  I have seen others do this, but I am not sure how this is done.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: How do I use my Blackberry Tour to connect my laptop to the internet?

first thing is your calling/data plan must have "phone as modem" feature......with blackberry's sometimes this is an extra fee....

next is to download the "smartview connection manager" from sprint.com/downloads......once you get this page select "mobile broadband devices"....next page just select the "u301 usb device sprint 3g/4g mobile broadband".....then on next screen select "sprint smartview for windows 7 & vista and xp.......below that is smart view for macs....

once the smart view is installed just connect blackberry to laptop.......select connect from smartview and if you have correct data plan it will connect.......

Master

Re: How do I use my Blackberry Tour to connect my laptop to the internet?

The instructions above look correct.

If you are on an Everything Data or Simply Everything plan you cannot add the Phone as Modem feature, it is no longer being proactively offered. It is available still for older grandfathered plans, but not for the new bundled data packages. If you are on an odler plan with a $30 Blackberry Personal Pack or the $69.99 Worldwide Blackberry Data plan then it is available for an additional $15/mo.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat