cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block #'s and unhide a picture

Journeyman

How to block #'s and unhide a picture

I am a brand new blackberry owne/Curve 8330(since Sat.) and have a few questions. On my old Katana I could block incoming calls from #'s not in my phonebook, is that possible on the blackberry? Also I hid a picture and can't find it to unhide it now.

Help!!!

Thanks!

P.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: How to block #'s and unhide a picture

cillabaker,

The BlackBerry devices do not have the ability to block numbers from calling.  The reason your Katana had this feature, is because some of the Sanyo Katana devices had this feature as a parental control.  You can however block a number from sending text messages.  These are the steps how to do so:

To block incoming text messages from specific numbers, log onto "MySprint". Click on “My Online Tools” and select "Text Messaging".  Under the "Text Messaging" Options box, select "Settings and Preferences". Enter the phone number, email address, domain name or short code.  Click "Add to Block List" and click "Save all changes".

Journeyman

i would also like to know how to unhide a picture. i can not find where to locate it and how to unhide it. thanks

Journeyman

Any one?

Journeyman

does any one know how to do this?

Master

This is what I found, See if it helps.

Click on the media icon, highlight the pictures icon, press the menu button, press explore,press media card,press menu key again, there should be an option to unhide.

Main Menu > Media > (highlight pictures) > press Blackberry button > Explore > Media Card > Blackberry > pictures > press Blackberry button > show hidden

In short, navigate to the folder where you hid the folder/file and press the Blackberry button and choose show hidden. you'll then see the hidden item in the list as a semi-transparent item. Highlight the item > press the Blackberry button >Properties > uncheck "Hidden". You can then go back and access the file as you normally would.

Message Edited by Levi4u on 04-10-2009 05:08 PM
Message Edited by Levi4u on 04-10-2009 05:09 PM

Journeyman

Hope you are enjoying your Blackberry Curve. Although you may be a pro by now, checking out the cool online tutorials may give you additional tips on how to get the most out of your device and help answer other questions that might arise.

To check it out

1. go to: sprint.com/learn

2. click on the picture of your phone

3. click on Tutorials

4. Select any topic that interests you

Journeyman

welcome to the world of blackberry. i'm a new blackberry owner myself...check out crackberry.com it was a great help for me

Journeyman

I've been trying to figure out how to block numbers myself and think that it is a shame that sprint is not making this sort of technology available. I have seen posts over 2 years old asking for this service and still we get nothing. I have had my number for several years now and sometime get calls from friends that I lost track of over the years. If I was to go far as to change numbers it would be because I signed up with another carrier that could provide this service. Now that I think about it, many carriers can let you keep your number. Humm, isn't that food for thought. Unfortunatly, I seem to be caught up in a contract but if the phone doesn't stop ringing, it may be worth it after all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hi u cant bock calls with ur  8330 but u can buy an app from digtal lounge 4 $2.99 i did and it works the app is called call blocker pro it pretty cool u can do all kind of call blocks. u cant do text block with this app but u can do that on sprint.com anyways.

2 find ur hiden pic u:

go 2 open media > push menu key > explore > media card > blackberry> pictures > them push menu key > last show hidden

ur pic will then show up

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat