cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose: BB 9630 Tour or 8530 Curve?

Journeyman

How to choose: BB 9630 Tour or 8530 Curve?

Hello all and Happy New Year!

Just was considering getting another phone. Never had a BB before. So I am asking your suggestions?

I need the following:

Good phone (don't want bad call quality/reception)

Wi-Fi (Come on, it's 2010 for goodness sakes!)

Camera/Video

Email

Good browser (I keep hearing it helps to stay away from the OS on the phone and install Skyfire or another Browser)

Your comments would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

R...

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: How to choose: BB 9630 Tour or 8530 Curve?

Based on what your looking for especially the Wi-Fi in particular I would  go  with the  curve 8530 I just got 1 yesterday . The original tour aka the 9630 does not  have  wi-fi and I am unsure if it will be added or if they are just gonna release a tour 2 with  wi-fi.

Hope this helps

Journeyman

IMHO, You should wait for the Essex. (Tour 2)

Journeyman

I have the Tour and I decided to buy the the New Curve , I tried it for a day and it does not compare to the Tour. I took it back and I am waiting for the New Tour 2 to come out.

Journeyman

waiting for the second tour is crazy, hey should have had this tour already capable, it has only been out since july "09" and took up until now to finally get it to work correctly ughhhhh

Journeyman

Wifi, hmm whoopppeeee not, kills your battery and doesn't pick up wifi anywhere but home, uggghhh again, learned my lesson with "the moment" yep it lasted for a moment, tour is getting better but even when tour 2 comes out there will be major issues for about 7 month's, so go for it I suppose, I am gonna wait this one out

Journeyman

Well, thanks to everyone for their response.

As usual, manufacturers still have to work out the kinks in their phones. Seems that everytime a cool phone comes out, they have to "fix it" by coming out with the 2nd generation of the same.

I haven't heard about problems with the browser or the Wi-Fi yet? Is there anyone that has had to download a different browser on either phone?

Thanks!

R...

Journeyman

Well it just so happens I had to downgrade just to upgrade from the tour to the 8530 curve with wifi, I specifically told the sales rep. I am on  a Blackberry strike, "he replies with well once you get used to a Blackberry you will find that no other phone can compare, I just needed to receive calls and my texts, I demanded the LG Lotus elite, they had absolutely no idea how to use the phone!  I walked out empty handed . Went into "The Sprint store, same scenario,Kinda spooky, so I said fine I will exchange the tour out for the 8530, another joke, they totally raped the curve, no flash texting is a mess, spent hours literally hours on the phone with tech support, they need to pay me, what a bunch of incompetent technicians, finally they send me to a 3rd tech who acted like he knew what he was doing , 5 hours later he decides maybe we should contact Blackberry direct, ya think???? I will call you back in 5 minutes with a Blackberry Tech, well 5 minutes was yesterday and I still have no response, ready to give up on Sprint, the 8330 works great for my 15 year old daughter, why fix something if it isn't broken? Of course neither store had another 8330 I could swap for, so I managed to find an 8330 with Bestbuy... wish Sprint luck, because I am about to lose my mind on them, too bad, not much of my mind left lol, they finally get the 8330 working properly and then want to drop the phone, God forbid we should have the services we pay for...8530 a few pro's too many cons feels very cheap and plasticy, keys are stiff, finger's slide off of the keypad ughhh, space bar is practically impossible to use, couldn't bluetooth contacts over , okay fingers are tired now...hopefully this helps somebody out

Journeyman

Of course they do, more money from us....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat