cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a new Blackberry user.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am a new Blackberry user.

I have the Blackberry curve 8330 and I have 3 questions.

1. What can I do to increase battery life; it does not last 24 hours

2. How do you assign ringtones to messages?

3. How do you delete multiple phone logs at one time; example all calls at one time? I have been doing them one at a time.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: I am a new Blackberry user.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you with this!

1. What can I do to increase battery life; it does not last 24 hours: Try charging it over night in standby mode which you can place in standby mode by pressing the silver button in the top of the phone once.

2. How do you assign ringtones to messages?: Go to Profiles then>advanced>then select Normal>scroll down to SMS text or whatever message forum you want to edit and click the trackball you can then change the ring tone for the message.

3. How do you delete multiple phone logs at one time; example all calls at one time? I have been doing them one at a time: Go to the call log>on the first number press and hold the aA button with the arrow in the bottom right hand corner while holding this buttom down use the trackball to scroll down all the numbers you want to delete and then release all buttons, then press delete, this works on messages also!

Hope this information assist you...

Miya D

Customer Care

Journeyman

Another thing you can do for you Blackberry is make sure you are using the phone with the pocket it comes with. When you slide it into the pocket it goes into power-save mode. All official Blackberry cases have this capability. Also make sure you are allowing the backlight to auto-adjust using the light sensor.

Journeyman

Yet another trick/tip for battery life and to speed up your Blackberry is when you close a program, do not hit the "END" button.  select the Menu button, scroll down, and click on CLOSE.  Otherwise the programs stay running in the background and it drains battery as well as takes up resources (memory).

Journeyman

Thanks for the help. My battery is now staying charged much longer, I am able to delete all phone logs at one time. I am still not able to assign ringtones to messages but that is ok; not real important right now.

Journeyman

Two more quick Tid bits. You can purchase an extended battery from Crackberry.com. I have 2 blackberries with these batteries in them and they both have increased life slightly.

Also, on the same website, they have a software program, that loads in the phone that extends battery life also. My sister has it on her pearl (don't know how it works) but she swears her battery last twice as long!

Journeyman

I've been a BB user for a month and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to delte multiple txt and msgs...

Thank you so much, I just tried it and it worked. I'm sry other people are having major issues with their phone,

that was my only problem...

Thanks,

SuiteLady

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat