cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Blackberry 8330

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Blackberry 8330

Could some one please tell me how tethering works and how to get it?  I have a Blackberry 8330.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: I have a Blackberry 8330

In order to setup your phone for tethering, you will need to be on a Talk Only plan (only feature included is the ability to talk). You will then need to add-on the Blackberry Personal Pack for $30 (includes unlimited text/picture/video messaging, unlimited web services, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Blackberry email services, GPS Navigation,  and On Demand) as well as the $15 Phone As Modem feature. This will then provide access to using your phone as a modem.

Master

The above is correct. The PAM plan must be added to a separate data plan at least $30 like the Blackberry Personal Pack or Data Pro Pack (other smartphones). The Everything Messaging and Everything Data plans will not work as they conflict with the messaging and data plan coding included in the required PAM plans.

Journeyman

it sounds as if it a coding error problem in the applications sprint uses to set up plans...

(premiere, p2k, sierra)

I am sure the problem will go away once someone at sprint (heaven forbid) ever figures it out.

in the meantime I suggest tetherberry. its an app that does the same thing, same speed, but is a one time charge of $50.

google it.

Journeyman

gbean wrote:

it sounds as if it a coding error problem in the applications sprint uses to set up plans...

(premiere, p2k, sierra)

I am sure the problem will go away once someone at sprint (heaven forbid) ever figures it out.

in the meantime I suggest tetherberry. its an app that does the same thing, same speed, but is a one time charge of $50.

google it.

Nice!  But I see this post getting deleted VERY soon, as it takes money away from Sprint who si TRYING to take away the feature so they can sell more air cards with more expensie plans.

Journeyman

Then Sprint would be guilty of censorship I guess.
But anyone really into BB's knows about google and crackberry.com

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat