cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some questions about Blackberry Curve

Journeyman

I have some questions about Blackberry Curve

Hello,

I am really getting sick of people posting links for my questions. The links did not answer my questions. The link I had was sprint.com, on SU forums in PM, he gave me the nexteeelonline.com. It's the same thing.

Blackberry Curve:

1.) What is the name for the new vision pack?

2.) Is the new vision pack supported for the curve? I know I have the SCP3100 and it's not supported. It supports the old vision pack.

3.) What is EVDO?

4.) Does EVDO supported on curve?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Patron

Re: I have some questions about Blackberry Curve

Not to sure about answers for 1 and 2.

As for EVDO, it stands for Evolution Data - Optimized. It is the CDMA version of wireless high speed data.It is almost like having DSL or cable modem on your wirelessdevice. It has a maximum download speed of around 2.4 Mbps and upload speed or around 700 kbps. Real word speeds are closer to 1Mbpsdl and 500 kbps ul. This is for EVDO Rev A.

As far as the curve and EVDO, yes it is capable, at EVDO rev 0 speeds, which is slightly slower, mainly on the upload speeds than the above listed speeds.

Journeyman

Thank you for your reply. It was the Vision Pro I was talking about. Is that capable with curve? I don't have a Vision Pro phone. I have the $15 or $20 vision services. It's actually included in my plan. If I have a regular plan then it's $15 a month unlimited. I have Sanyo SCP3100. I really want the curve.

Journeyman

With Sprint there is no vision packs for blackberry. On the older plans, you had to pay 39.99 for the blackberry pack (which was a sale thing when I had it.) It gave you access to BIS (which is Blackberry Internet Service (your personal email accounts. i.e. comcast, yahoo, gmail, etc.)) and it also gave you access to BES (which is Blackberry Enterprise Server access, for your work email if youe company has a BES installed) and it also included PAM (Phone As Modem). Now with the simply everything plans, BIS is included in the cost... so no more spending $40 to get your blackberry online. If you want BES, thats $20 more in addition to the plan cost. If your not connecting to work email through a Blackberry Enterprise Server, then you do NOT need the BES add-on.

and just some personal opinion, I have had the pearl and curve... get the curve. you'll love it. and you may wanna switch plans to one of the new ones. its usually cheaper than the old plans. Specially for me since I have 2 blackberries on my account.

Journeyman

@php111 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. It was the Vision Pro I was talking about. Is that capable with curve? I don't have a Vision Pro phone. I have the $15 or $20 vision services. It's actually included in my plan. If I have a regular plan then it's $15 a month unlimited. I have Sanyo SCP3100. I really want the curve.

I don't believe the vision pack (or data pack) is compatible with the Curve. I am pretty sure you will need to change to an Everything plan. I would call Sprint to make sure but that is my understanding.

Journeyman

qtrinch,

I have the Simply Everything plan with my SCP3100. Whenever I get the Curve, do I need to switch from that plan to another plan? If so, what plan would I get?

Journeyman

@php111 wrote:

qtrinch,

I have the Simply Everything plan with my SCP3100. Whenever I get the Curve, do I need to switch from that plan to another plan? If so, what plan would I get?

That plan will be fine with the Curve. Sprint will call it something else, but it will be exactly the same.

Journeyman

As long as the SEP (Simply everything plan)has data included (for a while it was talk/data/share) then you would be ok. You would have BIS, which is what you need. You can access all the internet you want and have up to 10 email accounts going to your blackberry.

i.e. I have 5. Comcast, yahoo, 2 gmail and hotmail. Plus I have BES so I get my work email on my phone as well. (it never stops vibrating!) lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat