cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some serious BB Curve 3330 help/ PLZ HELP???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I need some serious BB Curve 3330 help/ PLZ HELP???

Hello ALL---

So I'm new to bb. If anyone can help me I'd be sooo grateful. Here's my issues:

1. How can I assign individual contacts their own text ringtone?

2. While tryin to assign ppl their text tones, I made a mistake and changed my main phone tone. so now when I get messages/emails

all my phone does is vibrate twice. Theres no tone anymore. I checked the active profile and saved everything as vibrate & tone and

theres still no tone.

3. (the most important one) Is there a way I can receive gifs/ animations through mms. I keep gettin mms gifs as jpg NOT gifs. I tried saving the mms in my phone and the animation still doesn't show. Animations only show as jpg on my phone.

Let me say this, eventhough I have these issues, I LOVE MY BB. I took back that stupid lotus and came back home with a dream come true. : )

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Message was edited by: curvyblackberrygirl

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: I need some serious BB Curve 3330 help/ PLZ HELP???

1. I do not  believe you can assign  personal text tones you  can  however assign personal ringtones.

2.  To fix these  settings  try going to the  profiles Icon  then go to  advanced then higlight the active profile you are using and click on it that will open up a list of things Like Aim alers, MMS text , SMS... etc .  click on SMS text and under out  Of Holster make sure it says either tone  or vibrate& tone and then  go  down to in holster and set that how you want it to be . Hope this helps

Journeyman

Thanks, I'm not sure if it works yet. I love my BB but its so frustrating. Now my media player wont play my mp3. it says media device busy, error. I shouldnt have been messing with things.

Wizard

I swap out phones a lot and don't make the time to read through the manuals so I take advantage of the Ready Now program.  It's free and the folks in the store will help you get setup and going.  If you haven't already, you may want to check out this site - http://readynow.sprint.com

Journeyman

Curvy,

These are some good questions that I had when I received my blackberry. I will answer as best I can

1. How can I assign individual contacts their own text ringtone?

There wont be an option for just text. It will actually be for anything you receive from that contact(phone call, SMS, MMS, email). To enable it, go to profiles and click on advanced. Once in here, click the BB key and hit new exception. On the new screen it populates, hit the BB key again and select add contact. Select your contact and also set your ringtone for that person. Once finished, hit the back key and hit save. Do that for each contact you want a custom ringer for.

3. (the most important one) Is there a way I can receive gifs/ animations through mms. I keep gettin mms gifs as jpg NOT gifs. I tried saving the mms in my phone and the animation still doesn't show. Animations only show as jpg on my phone.

The phone traditionally will not show gifs or save it as gifs because the phone doesnt understand that format to be able to play the animation.  I have not found a way yet to get that to work.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat