cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I buy Blackberry CDMA version

Go to solution
Journeyman

If I buy Blackberry CDMA version

If I buy the blackberry CDMA version will Sprint allow me to use it on my account? All i get from Sprint is buy the ph Me and bring it in and we will see if it works. How am I gonna buy a phone that's worth a couple hundred dollars to "see" if it works? I just want to know the truth

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: If I buy Blackberry CDMA version

i marked this thread to see if the moderator can bump it to the customer service area to be answered. is this from another person or direct from BB?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also to make things a bit faster add in which device it is youre looking at so the agent can try looking that up on their side.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

We are not able to activate any of the new BlackBerry phones below:

Blackberry:

• Priv
  • Passport
  • Classic
  • Leap
  • Z30
  • P'9983
  • P'9982

We are only able to activate Sprint branded BlackBerry phones at this time....

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

thank yuh sir.

Journeyman

Does Sprint have any plans to "brand" the Blackberry Priv?  My understanding from technical dissecting of the phone is that the Priv was designed for and is equipped with the necessary bands of all the major US carriers including Sprint and Verizon.

Priv is only supported by AT&T in the US

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

We all know that (ATT alone currently carries the Priv).  Point is the Priv was designed and includes all the necessary bands to work on the networks of the other three "major" US carriers, Verizon, T-Mobil and yes Sprint.  It is a matter of whether Sprint or any one of the other carriers want to make the application and get the FCC permit to carry the phone, once the exclusivity deal with ATT expires.  Rumor has it that Verizon is making or has made the FCC application.to carry the Priv, after the ATT deal expires.

Journeyman

Now that Verizon and now T-Mobile (scheduled to release on Jan 26th) is carrying the Blackberry Priv by the end of the month since the AT&T exclusivity contract ends Jan 20th, does Sprint plan to carry the Blackberry Priv?  I'm hoping the Sprint Blackberry updates is in preparation for this.

Highlighted

and I checked into this yesterday after the announcement made at CES.... The answer is yes, we will carry the BlackBerry Priv

Sprint is pleased to confirm we will carry BlackBerry Priv in our product portfolio. An exact launch date and price will be provided at a later date.

Journeyman

Cool!  'Bout time!

We will await the official announcement.

Journeyman

Any further words, actions, rumors w.r.t. Sprint carrying the Blackberry Priv?  Apparently FCC has tested and cleared CDMA version of the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat