cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having problems uploading pics from Blackberry onto Facebook?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone else having problems uploading pics from Blackberry onto Facebook?

Over the last few weeks I'm finding that every time I try to upload a picture directly to Facebook I get an error message..

I have the Blackberry 8330.

A friend of mine with the same phone is also having the same problems..

If anyone has any info on this issue would love to hear it!

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Is anyone else having problems uploading pics from Blackberry onto Facebook?

Yes. My husband and I both got the 8330 for Christmas. We've been able to upload 3 or 4 photos out of about 40 tries. Not good.

Journeyman

Re: Is anyone else having problems uploading pics from Blackberry onto Facebook?

That's crazy.. I've never had any problems with it up till about a month ago.. I've been able to maybe get 3 pics uploaded since the problem started but every other time I try it gives me an error message.. it's maddening.  I tried to call for tech support but they require me to call from another phone aside from my cell phone and I dont have a land line so I'm going to have to go into a Sprint store and try to get help.

Sprint Product Ambassador

My wife experienced an issue uploading to Facebook last night on her BlackBerry Curve 8530.  She attempted to upload to Facebook through the FB application. 

I had the same issue on my BlackBerry Tour a few times.  I have learned that in order to upload successfully you must go to your photos, select the photo you want to upload, click Menu, click Send to Facebook. 

I don't know if this is what you are doing, but this is what I do and it works 100% of the time for me on my Tour and for her on her Curve 8530. 

Hope this helps! 

Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion Troy but I've also tried to upload pics to Face book by going directly to the individual pictures that are in my file on my phone and that wont work either..

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my bb curve, it just started a few weeks ago, and I have had the phone for about 6 months now, any suggestions would be great, I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks,

Donna

Journeyman

The Facebook app for BlackBerry is so slow and cumbersome I just removed it and now I upload pics as emails sent to my "Facebook assigned" mobile upload address and update my status via text message.  If I want to check the site itself I just use m.facebook.com or wait until I am at a computer.

Journeyman

I guess i'll just use the email feature to upload pics .. i wish Blackberry would make a better FB application!

Journeyman

try this and see it helps...

Go to Options >Advanced Options >Applications. Highlight the Facebook application >Hit Menu >Edit Default Permissions. Set all three to "Allow"

Journeyman

Thanks Shoeboy, my settings are already set the way you told me to.. I dont know what's going on.. my friend just said she uploaded another version of FB to her phone and the photo uploading is now working for her but I dont have any new upgrades for FB yet.. this just sucks! lol

Journeyman

You can go to blackberry.com and look for updates or apps; some apps are free, some are minimal...

Journeyman

Here's what I just found on the Blackberry website:

Overview

When uploading  pictures to a Facebook® account using the Facebook for BlackBerry  smartphones application, the following error occurs:

photo upload failed or A connection cannot  be established to the facebook server

Resolution

This is a  previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our  development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat