cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Blackberry9670

Journeyman

Issues with the Blackberry9670

I just bought the new Blackberry and thought it was an awesome phone. However, people that I talk to say that it's hard to hear me or it sounds like an echo in the background. I exchanged it for another one but I am having the same issue. Anyone else with this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Issues with the Blackberry9670

One of my coworkers suggested leaving a voicemail message for yourself and listening to it to see if you have sound issues.

Also, are you using a headset?

--John
Master

Are you using a case with your Style? I know corporate stores were just told that the case we carry may be causing call quality issues and they are investigating. If you are using a case I would recommend taking the case off of the phone. I would also recommend trying a headset (wired or bluetooth) to see if it still occurs. That would remove the microphone and speaker from being the cause.

Journeyman

I will try taking off the case and see if the store will let me try a headset

Journeyman

My voicemail sounds very low and full of static.

Journeyman

We purchased a 9670 for my wife two weeks ago and had the same problem you are describing. She was hardly audible and her voice was very metallic sounding. I returned to the Sprint store (McKinney, TX) and explained the problem. They swapped out the phone with another one and I had the service rep place a test call to my wife who had my phone to make sure she could hear her. She sounded fine so I took the phone and left the store happy to have a working product. The phone worked great for 2 days and then the volume and metallic issue returned, same as the first phone. With both phones my wife sounds just fine when she uses her wired headset, the problem is only present when she uses the phone's built in mic. I will be returning the second phone to the Sprint store this weekend. The phone is awesome and my wife loves it, but what is the point if she can't talk on it because no one can hear her? I really hope Sprint can identify the problem and find a resolution because this is a great phone.

Journeyman

Good luck. No one can figure out what is wrong with the phone so I decided just to get an EVO. I really liked the phone as well but I have a couple of issues with my last Blackberry I decided to switch.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat