cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS.... MMS.... MMS.... We Need Answers NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS.... MMS.... MMS.... We Need Answers NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK sprint it's been a little while now that we've asked for TRUE MMS since we got the official 4.5 update and we havent gotten any responses or anything, so how about a response. Responding and keeping your customers update to date even if its just a short sentence like "were checking in on it" is what its all about to keep your customers happy (well the ones that are left anyways)

So please respond back ASAP............................... The Clock is TICKING, Tic........ Tic......... Tic..........

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
Journeyman

@cglenn0519 wrote:
I for one am actually pretty happy about being able to send and receive pictures in any form. Now yes I think the wait for 4.5OS was way to long but is it really that big of an issue if you have to get a picture in the picture mail format? Can we all not just be happy for once about finally getting something we have all been wanting and waiting for for a long time now? I mean I'm sure it would be nice to receive a picture and go right to it and view it other then going to a website but who cares? A lot of these people seem to be wanting the whole world and they want it now. I keep reading "We deserve" or "We need to have" or "We better get" but the truth is we can send and receive pictures, we have 4.5 now, we have the docs to go and HTML email can everyone not be happy with that. Why is it we have to find something wrong after we finally get what we have been wanting for all this time. I for one am very happy I have these things and very happy with Sprint and wouldn't leave unless forced to.

I will gladly offer you the retort on this one. This is not a flame of any sort. I think you are interpreting what they are writing a bit wrong. It is not "the whole world" that posters are asking for. Posters are asking to be able to get picture messages on their Blackberry the same way a Verizon user gets it, a T-Mobile user gets it, a AT&T user gets it, a Alltel user gets it, a Vodaphone user gets it, a Orange user gets it, a Rogers user gets it, a TIM user gets it, and so forth. People are asking to be able to use their phone the same as they would be able to on any other carrier. Yes, I know I have listed carriers not in the US, but I'm sure you see the point to me doing that.

Lets strip away Blackberry users for a moment. I have friends with other smartphones that cannot see a picture message that someone sends to them simply because they don't have a data plan. Yes, there are some phones in the lineup that are an exception to this (and that my friend is the rub). Why should some users be able to get picture messages display on their phone while others have to follow a link from a text message? Why should some have to go into a browser to see a picture or a message with a moving image?

It is not "the world" that is being asked for. What posters are seeking is parity. To be able to do the same as all others who have this device. Yes, a data plan is required to get MMS on most carriers (T-Mo has a free data option to overcome this). But, a Sprint Blackberry user still is not able to view messages the same as all other Blackberry users. Wouldn't you at least agree that being able to open the message and just see what is sent is easier than having to take additional steps? That is all being requested. I ask even those happy with the experience to ask themselves that very question. I am happy to be able to send as that was just frustrating. But, I would be even happier to receive the message as well without the added step.

Highlighted
Master

Looks like the 4.5 thread all over again...

I personally don't like the implementation of PictureMail, never really have. However at the same time look at it this way: You can now at least send MMS messages just like on every other carrier, and you can receive them in one form or another at least. I personally don't have a problem with the system right now in the short term until it can be replaced by true MMS receiving as well.

That being said I have an 8350i and I do have true MMS because it is a Nextel device, but everyone I work with has an 8330 and they don't care one way or another really. Compared to the 4.5 update riot that started, this is a small but highly vocal minority (as the minority usually is). People don't post when they are happy either because they don't think people care (when we do), or as SarahKS posted, because they are afraid of being flamed. The Blackberry subsection of these forums has become fairly hostile towards anyone not agreeing with others, both for the 4.5/MMS update, and now this. For many people the update works just fine and they don't care one way or the other, just stating the facts here. If more people didn't like the update they would post about it, and I hope they do so. Both if they liked the update, or didn't like the update, for any reason.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I personally always wanted MMS. However in my defense, I think having to explain exactly how we wanted MMS implemented was a no brainer. I was under the assumption that the MMS messages would come directly to our phone. It should work the same as any other phone that can handle MMS. Just like your Blackberry 8350i.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This, once again, is the reason why it will never get fixed:

@halcyoncmdr wrote:
I personally don't like the implementation of PictureMail, never really have. However at the same time look at it this way: You can now at least send MMS messages just like on every other carrier, and you can receive them in one form or another at least. I personally don't have a problem with the system right now in the short term until it can be replaced by true MMS receiving as well.

All these people don't like the way this works. But they are just happy to have SOMETHING working. So if this should make everyone happy, and we should stop complaining about getting half of an MMS implementation, why would sprint EVER fix it for us? I think everyone should be EXTRA ANGRY over this. We waited all this time, mostly because they had so much trouble getting this to work, and then when we get it, it is not even what we wanted! Does everyone understand that we could have had this update MUCH sooner, and Sprint even woul dhave saved money, if they had just implemented REAL MMS?

Here is the challenge, to anyone, Sprint employee or otherwise, who thinks we should be happy with this. I will not post another thing on this subject if you can give me an answer to this:

Forget that I have a blackberry, or that I have ever posted on this board before. For the purpose of this discussion, all you know about me is that I have a Smart Phone, on Sprint, and I know how to use it properly, meaning I can use all of the phone functions as well as connect it to my computer to do syncs and data transfers. My phone might be a Palm, Windows, or Blackberry, it doesn't matter for this exercise, if you find an answer on ANY PLATFORM, you win.

Please tell me how having picturemail is a feature, and not an annoyance.

Just so you understand my point of view:

I've never seen anyone use the pic mail site to share their pictures. There might be a few people who do this, but even Sprint recognises the site's failures in this regard or they would not be paying to license "Xoomerang" as Will said, so that people could send to Flickr, Facebook, and Youtube. Also, on every smartphone platform, there are programs to do that for you already, that have had alot more development time and probably work better and more stable. Besides, all of those services offer ways for you to update your pictures or videos via true MMS or Email, which all smartphones are capable of.

Forcing my recieved mms on to a web site adds a level of insecurity, giving people a place to go and hack if they are really interested in seeing what people sent me, and also delays my reception of the media itself.

Lastly, I can't help but think that Sprint could either lay off less people or reduce our bills if they would implement true mms, because there are several free MMS gateway software packages they could use, and would not have to pay licensing fees to Verisign.

So there it is. If anyone can tell me how Pic Mail adds value to my Sprint service, I will shut up. Is there something I just don't know about picmail? Nothing I can do from the picmail website seems better than just doing it from my phone with real mms or email. Am I missing something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not happy with the half butt resolution. Things are "workable", but not what originally was advertised, was promised,and what I purchased when I got my 8330.So why should I settle?

I justwant answers. I just wantSprint to talk to us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly.

Why does Sprint think we should give them a big pat on the back? this should have been available from the get go! I for one dont think they deserve a big pat on the back or even a handshake for that matter because this still isnt what everyone has been waiting so patiently for for over a year now. Now that we have this mock up of their so called MMS they think they should be getting some kind of congradulations!!!!! Maybe if they give the CUSTOMER what they actually want then we can post some good points and not all this negativity.......... but until something changes and Sprint actually gives us what we the Blackberry users want and deserve The ones who most likely make up at least a third of Sprint's profit from the outrageous plans we are paying for month after month I sure as heck dont see any good posts anytime soon.

Sprint get over yourselves and give us True MMS!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

For many people the update works just fine and they don't care one way or the other, just stating the facts here. If more people didn't like the update they would post about it, and I hope they do so. Both if they liked the update, or didn't like the update, for any reason.

I'm only going to address this one statement. If you are comparing the very small percentage of those who even know about this site to the overall customer base, then you are sadly mistaken. I can tell you for sure there are MANY SPrint users who hate Picture Mail. The reason they aren't posting on here is because most people a) don't frequent message boards or search the net for info on their cell phone b) have resigned to the fact that this is how it is with sprint c) aren't very tech savvy. If you truly asked ALL customers, then you would find out there are more not satisfied than you think.

I'll give you this anecdotal evidence.

I told a couple of non-internet message board users of Pearls and Curves about the 4.5 update. They weren't very enthused about the fact there was an update. But, when I told them they could now send picture messages without the workaround, the first statement was "how do I install this update?" They were happy to be rid of Picture Mail. Sadly, this was before I found out that we still receive via Picture Mail. If you saw how these people lit up when they thought they didn't have to DEAL with Picture Mail anymore, you would rethink your position about people not caring one way or the other.

Content customers does not equal happy customers. It just means they are dealing with it. THere are people who never click on those Picture Mail links and get upset when friends send them Picture Messages. Those same people wouldn't be so upset if it worked the way it does on other carriers.

If there are people that are happy with it, that is fine. BUt, don't dismiss the people who are unhappy with it simply because there are those who are happy with it. THe goal in any business should be to try to have as many satisified customers as possible. There will never be 100% satisfaction, but that doesn't mean you dismiss valid complaints. One can always multiply the amount of people who actually speak up and get an idea of the real picture. There will always be those who don't speak up because they don't feel it would make a difference. At least consider the fact that the small vocal group is making some valid points.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I forward a MMS picture message with audio in it? You know like a .jpg with an audio caption. (I love listening to the audio after I see the picture so 1900's. But I digress)

I get the message with the link to Pic Mail and if I use the Pic Mail site I can't use my address book to forward msg. If I forward the msg using the phone as an MMS msg it doesn't load on the other users phone (sprint also).

I do like the upgrade but I still want full MMS capabilities (which this update isn't).

From what I understand even the Iphone can't do true MMS.....If I was Dan Hesse I would be putting the big push on getting true MMS to Sprint Smartphone users and market the heck out of having itand expose the shortfall (maybe the only one) of the Iphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a huge response typed up but lost it in a reboot. GRRRR

One shortcoming I have with Picture Mail as I have pointed out many times before, I don't need an online storage option for my pictures, most MMS pics are of the quick point, shoot, send, delete style. No need to keep them around for even 60 days, if by chance though, it is something I want to keep that is why I have a 4 gig memory card in my phone.

Also something I noticed tonight and I might need second or even third opinion/verifications on this one. Someone sends me an MMS of a .gif (animated picture) it displays as animated on the Picture Mail website and in the proper resolution, but when I save to phone it saves as a horribly pixelated, bad resolution, jpg file. WHY?!?!

Also backing up others, just because 10 people send a PM to a mod stating they love Picture Mail, you cannot use this as the basis for a pro Picture Mail argument, I assure you there are PLENTY more people who never will frequent this board that don't like the service than will ever come here in the pro and anti PM camps COMBINED. Along with that I would also like to say to ANYONE who ever reads here, PLEASE create an account and post, by all means make your voice heard. If someone you will never meet, never talk to, and can easily ignore with the click of a button flames you.....so what, ignore 'em and move on. Don't ever let the thought that someone might disagree with you presuade you from posting your thoughts and ideas on a subject and I hope I never have made anyone feel this way, I welcome any and all arguments from both sides of the issue. Your most vocal group is always going to be the one that is having problems or pointing out a flaw or shortcoming, this is how you get problems solved, if everyone was always passive and just took it lying down or was happy with how things were then the world would be a very boring place.

Message Edited by MontanaXVI on 02-12-2009 11:26 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@brandonf150 wrote:

From what I understand even the Iphone can't do true MMS.....If I was Dan Hesse I would be putting the big push on getting true MMS to Sprint Smartphone users and market the heck out of having itand expose the shortfall (maybe the only one) of the Iphone.

My iphone did full MMS. You just have to use a third party program and then call AT&T to add it to your account. It's not too complicated and it does completely work.

However, it's not from the app store, it's from Cydia, so you do have to be willing to jailbreak the phone. I hear the new phone will fix this problem, as well as the crippled bluetooth stack. The rumors are that Apple crippled the bluetooth stack because of battery issues, but if the new phone has a removable battery (once again, as rumored) this should no longer be an issue.

The Iphone is closer to release than anyone thinks though, it has already been spoted by it's browser identifiers on websites, so they are already at the full testing stages. If Dan want's to take advantage of the iphone's shortcomings, he better hurry up before they release again and fix everything.

Plus, I am sure the Pre, with a completely new os, has no Pic Mail client. It would be horrible for them to release the newest of the new of all cell providers with crippled MMS capabilities.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just in case you guys think I am baiting you or something, I'm not. I really want to know.

Keeping in mind that there are better ways to handle your MMS pics and video than the Sprint website, and even Sprint acknowledges this or else they would not be paying to license "Xoomerang" from Verisign, please explain how Pic Mail adds any value to my Sprint service, instead of just adding annoyances.

I really, truely, want to know. If no one can think of a reason, the person who agreed to pay verisign for this stuff needs to be fired and we need the true mms we have been asking for. If there is something I am missing that makes pic mail good, I want to start taking advantage of it. Could someone tell me what it is?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@jverity wrote:

Just in case you guys think I am baiting you or something, I'm not. I really want to know.

Keeping in mind that there are better ways to handle your MMS pics and video than the Sprint website, and even Sprint acknowledges this or else they would not be paying to license "Xoomerang" from Verisign, please explain how Pic Mail adds any value to my Sprint service, instead of just adding annoyances.

I really, truely, want to know. If no one can think of a reason, the person who agreed to pay verisign for this stuff needs to be fired and we need the true mms we have been asking for. If there is something I am missing that makes pic mail good, I want to start taking advantage of it. Could someone tell me what it is?

My advice:
If it upsets you that much, switch carriers.

I did, and I couldn't be happier now. When the official 4.5 came out and I saw how the new MMS feature was implemented on my phone, I had the realization that Sprint would never really listen. I hurriedly went back and dug up the details of my contract and saw that it expired last month. I checked with my employee discounts site, and made the switch.

Don't get me wrong, Verizon has their own issues and they charge an arm and a leg. But, if I were "surveyed" right now I could actually check the box, "very satisfied". Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for.

This will be one of my last posts on here, as I no longer have to deal with Sprint's issues. Thanks to all those who have suffered along with me. I wish you well.

Message Edited by svc4you on 02-13-2009 10:25 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat