cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS.... MMS.... MMS.... We Need Answers NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS.... MMS.... MMS.... We Need Answers NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK sprint it's been a little while now that we've asked for TRUE MMS since we got the official 4.5 update and we havent gotten any responses or anything, so how about a response. Responding and keeping your customers update to date even if its just a short sentence like "were checking in on it" is what its all about to keep your customers happy (well the ones that are left anyways)

So please respond back ASAP............................... The Clock is TICKING, Tic........ Tic......... Tic..........

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to see you go, but I'll probably be doing the same thing. Tired of not getting what I pay for and hearing "This shoul dbe good enough" from a service provider.

I do find it interesting that not even one person out of the 125+ that has viewed the message I wrote can think of a way that Pic Mail is a feature. Maybe I should offer a prize? I doubt I would ever have to pay out. I think it's an impossible challenge, unless there is something about pic mail that is hidden and awesome.

Highlighted
Master

Born Red wrote:

halcyoncmdr wrote:

For many people the update works just fine and they don't care one way or the other, just stating the facts here. If more people didn't like the update they would post about it, and I hope they do so. Both if they liked the update, or didn't like the update, for any reason.

I'm only going to address this one statement.  If you are comparing the very small percentage of those who even know about this site to the overall customer base, then you are sadly mistaken.  I can tell you for sure there are MANY SPrint users who hate Picture Mail.  The reason they aren't posting on here is because most people a) don't frequent message boards or search the net for info on their cell phone b) have resigned to the fact that this is how it is with sprint c) aren't very tech savvy.  If you truly asked ALL customers, then you would find out there are more not satisfied than you think.

I work in a retail store and see customers all of the time. Very few of them complain about picturemail. Maybe one a day, if that, out of hundreds.

Yes, there is a small number of users on this forum compared to the overall customer base. At the same time the users on this site are more likely to post about complaints since in most cases that is why they have come here, either a complaint or help on something. I never specifically compared the number of users complaining on this site to the entirety of the customer base.

The fact of the matter is that it is a small group of people who are vocally complaining about the PictureMail service, either on these forums or to Customer Care. The update got rid of the workaround to send a picture, which was a PITA, it brought the ability to send a picture message straight to a phone number. The incoming is still the same as it was before, no change. The majority of people don't really care about how they receive those images as long as they can.

jverity wrote:

Sorry to see you go, but I'll probably be doing the same thing.  Tired of not getting what I pay for and hearing "This shoul dbe good enough" from a service provider.

I do find it interesting that not even one person out of the 125+ that has viewed the message I wrote can think of a way that Pic Mail is a feature.  Maybe I should offer a prize?  I doubt I would ever have to pay out.  I think it's an impossible challenge, unless there is something about pic mail that is hidden and awesome.

You can send your images directly to a CEIVA digital picture receiver/frame, and you can order prints of the images directly from a local Photo printing location such as Walgreens. To some those are features that they will use, to others they aren't; it is entirely personal preference. Yes there are other ways to do both of those things, but they are there for convenience.
Message Edited by halcyoncmdr on 02-13-2009 04:07 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:

You can send your images directly to a CEIVA digital picture receiver/frame, and you can order prints of the images directly from a local Photo printing location such as Walgreens. To some those are features that they will use, to others they aren't; it is entirely personal preference. Yes there are other ways to do both of those things, but they are there for convenience.
Message Edited by halcyoncmdr on 02-13-2009 04:07 PM

I agree with that statement and I personally would prefer to have true MMS and not Picture Mail. I would prefer to be able to forward an MMS animated gif message without having to forwarding a link. I would prefer to forward cute pictures my wife sends me of our kids without forwarding a link. Why can't I get my preference?

I bought my Curve for the entire messagingexperience and ability to send animatedmessages.I somehow figured a $600 phone on a BILLION Dollar network would be able to do this. I didn't find out until after I bought 3 phones and have 2 years left on each of them that this is not possible. I can live with this but am not happy about it and will leavewhen the term is up on my phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I used to work for Sprint as well but unless you actually ask people their opinion on picture mail thats just not something people will voice on their own. By the way sending photos to a picture frame isnt something people will do with a picture message. Lets just face it picture mail is a bunch of BS that Sprint gives 2 cents about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Again, I say, Sprint is not going to spend the money it's going to take to set up MMS servers if they feel using the picmail servers already in place fulfills thier obligation to thier customers. It's really ridiculous. If this is truly Sprint's solution, they should at least step up at say this is exactly how they intended to implement MMS.

I can live with it, but really, this is not the service other people are recieving. Even if it was a link that automatically downloaded the message would be better than this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:

And as I said before, I can already do those things EASIER with the standard things built in to my phone. The CEIVA can be set up to recieve from any email address you select, and Kodak, Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and several other photo processing places will do the same. You still haven't answered my question, because it is not a convenience if it takes more steps than the original way. How is it a feature to have to go to the web, log in to the site, and do those things from there when I can just send directly from my phone and be done? Plus, have you ever tried to do things like that from the crappy browser you get on the blackberry? I have, at one time or another, owned just about every different kind of smart phone on the market and I can say with some authority that the default browser on the BB is bar none, the slowest and hardest to use of them all. Last time I had a browser this crappy it was on my Razr.

And also, the comment that you made before that I didn't quote is still speaking to my point. They aren't complaining. It does not mean that they are happy. If you present people with an option of either recieving directly and being done, or having to click a link in a text, load a site, click a small thumbnail to load the full version, and then save it to keep it on the phone, and not be able to save certain media types like animated gifs (which for some reason get saved as static jpegs), who in their right mind would actually choose the second option?

IT doesn't make any sense. Still waiting for a valid reason that pic mail is a feature and not just a PITA.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:

I work in a retail store and see customers all of the time. Very few of them complain about picturemail. Maybe one a day, if that, out of hundreds.

Yes, there is a small number of users on this forum compared to the overall customer base. At the same time the users on this site are more likely to post about complaints since in most cases that is why they have come here, either a complaint or help on something. I never specifically compared the number of users complaining on this site to the entirety of the customer base.

The fact of the matter is that it is a small group of people who are vocally complaining about the PictureMail service, either on these forums or to Customer Care. The update got rid of the workaround to send a picture, which was a PITA, it brought the ability to send a picture message straight to a phone number. The incoming is still the same as it was before, no change. The majority of people don't really care about how they receive those images as long as they can.

So, because only 1/100 complain, then one infers the other 99 are happy with it? Did you ask the other 99? or did you assume since the 99 didn't mention it, it isn't a problem?

Have you ever watched a movie where a town of a couple hundred was being bullied by a gang? How many people stand up to that gang? Probably a handful or even less; 1 or 2. How many people cheer after the gang gets their butt whipped and ran out of town? EVERYONE.

In agroup of 100, maybe one person will speak up. But, the other 99 may agree with the one. It could even be only 70 who agree. But, answer me why they didn't speak up as well. They just didn't say anything because they didn't feel they could do anything about it. Based on your order of logic, there were 99 happy people and 1 unhappy, when in fact there were29 happy and 71 unhappy. Which is the one you should be striving to please? Oh, I know... the 29 happy ones. Ostritch meet sand.

Message Edited by Born Red on 02-14-2009 11:01 AM

Highlighted
Master

My logic has nothing to do with absolutes. My logic has to do with one person speaking up out of a group. Others may agree, but it is a pretty big leap to say that a vast majority of them will agree when only one person speaks up. I'd say its more along the lines of 20 others will agree but not speak up, not a majority by any means.

The fact of the matter is that it is a minority that are complaining. If you get more people to complain it will get more attention and traction. But until that happens and you are stuck with the same few dozen people you will be ignored, it is simply a fact for any company with a large customer base. If a large portion of customers are not voicing their opinion on a specific matter, the company will regard that as a drop in the bucket compared to the big picture.

Out of 50 million customers there are only a few dozen people that are complaining here on the forums. Yes there are probably people complaining elsewhere, but if the portion here on the forums is an indication at a ll it is still a very small minority voicing their opinions on the matter. Until people voice their opinions nothing will probably be done, or even considered by those with the power to make those decisions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:
My logic has nothing to do with absolutes. My logic has to do with one person speaking up out of a group. Others may agree, but it is a pretty big leap to say that a vast majority of them will agree when only one person speaks up. I'd say its more along the lines of 20 others will agree but not speak up, not a majority by any means.

You aren't using logic at all. Just like when Dan announced that Sprint customer service was doing better based on a 1% improvement in a customer service satisfaction survey, from 40% dissatisfied customers to 39%. But Dan ignored the fact that in the time between surveys, sprint had lost 4% of their orignial subs. So there were less people around to complain.

Some people complain because they want to make a change. Others think it's pointless and just ride it out until they can leave. And leave they do, Sprint is beelding subs like no other company has ever done in history, and you are saying that just because people aren't complaining about this it's not a problem?

If you, or anyone else from Sprint actually did think, or use any logic, you would realize that this is a problem, and people, whether they are vocal about it or not, are leaving over it. Like I've said repeatedly, use your logic on this one. Which one is better:

1. Someone sends you mms. You recieve it directly. You can delete it if you don't want it, or do nothing to keep it.

2. Someone sends you mms. Sprint intercepts it and posts it to the web, then sends you a text message with a link. You then load the link, which may or may not load depending on problems on either side, you signal could be low or the site could be down or overloaded. Then, if it does load, you have to roll the dice again and click to get the full sized mms. If you want to keep it, you have to save it, and certain media types will not save correctly.

Vocal or not, do you think ANYONE actually PREFERS it the second way? Come on, use that logic that you are proud of. Sprint can use whatever excuse they want for not fixing it, but don't pretend that people actually like the PITA being forced on us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly.....................

Sprint Has the worst customer service ever, Metro PCS is 100% better than them and I dont even think they have a customer service phone number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint should just show us some statistics that show us how often these "enhanced" services in Picturemail actually get used, compared to how many Picturemail pictures are sent. If the service is so great and has to be kept around then those numbers will back it up.

If Sprint is looking to cut the fat and and find cost savings, then lay off the Picturemail group, get some opensource MMS servers, and if someone wants to do these special things then make them either take their memory card to these shops or send an MMS to these shops to process the photos. I doubt any customer is relying on Picturemail for mission critical stuff.

The rumor is that 4.5 for Sprint was delayed because they were resolving issues with Picturemail. So because Sprint is doing something non-standard, it delayed the software by 4 to 5 months, just so Blackberry users could get thatridiculouslink to the picture instead of the picture itself.

All I know is that every time we do MMS tests at work, my phone is the last one to receive the message by a large margin (at least 15 minutes, and usually more). What's the difference, the other carriers are using pure MMS, Sprint is using the Picturemail black hole. The only time the other carriers are slower is when we have a guy roaming out of the country, then he will get his after me.

Highlighted
Master

lnichols wrote:

Sprint should just show us some statistics that show us how often these "enhanced" services in Picturemail actually get used, compared to how many Picturemail pictures are sent. If the service is so great and has to be kept around then those numbers will back it up.

If Sprint is looking to cut the fat and and find cost savings, then lay off the Picturemail group, get some opensource MMS servers, and if someone wants to do these special things then make them either take their memory card to these shops or send an MMS to these shops to process the photos. I doubt any customer is relying on Picturemail for mission critical stuff.

The rumor is that 4.5 for Sprint was delayed because they were resolving issues with Picturemail. So because Sprint is doing something non-standard, it delayed the software by 4 to 5 months, just so Blackberry users could get thatridiculouslink to the picture instead of the picture itself.

All I know is that every time we do MMS tests at work, my phone is the last one to receive the message by a large margin (at least 15 minutes, and usually more). What's the difference, the other carriers are using pure MMS, Sprint is using the Picturemail black hole. The only time the other carriers are slower is when we have a guy roaming out of the country, then he will get his after me.

The software update did not adjust how the Blackberries receive anything. It provided the ability to send out a picture message to a regular phone number insteadof just an email address. They send it out using true MMS, it is just receiving that is the same. The issue stemmed from this hybrid approach.

Most likely MMS will not be implemented anytime soon because it would require separate servers compared to the PictureMail servers that they already have. That in turn required capital to get going, and with the current global economy that probably isn't going to happen. Many are saying totally scrap PictureMail but that then leaves every user with a current Sprint phone out of luck because that would mean the system they use for picture messages goes away. I can't even begin to imagine the outrage that would be seen if that was actually put into effect.

To scrap PM entirely would be suicide. To add MMS servers and have all future phones use true MMS from this point forward requires capital for the initial server setup, which isn't going to happen with in this recession.

I would love to see that happen and have all future devices use MMS and whichever older ones can, be updated for true MMS instead, but it probably isn't going to happen any time soon until the economic downturn can be at least slowed, if not turned around.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat