cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS application for BlackBerry

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: MMS application for BlackBerry

Most likely, Sprint's 4.5/4.6 will include a PM application integrated into the OS with the help of RIM, or the built in MMS software will be modified to work with PM. The other (less likely) possibility is that they may enable some kind of PM-MMS gateway and send out a service book. I don't think Sprint ever advertised MMS/PM compatibility on the Curve... The tech support article was probably written by a third party that didn't know that the Sprint version lacked MMS.

You also seem to be missing the point that Sprint's network flat out does not support standard MMS, and that they cannot just turn on support for something that does not exist.

Message Edited by techfury90 on 12-01-2008 10:40 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally! Someone else posts!

I'd have to agree with Montana. Sprint, for whatever reason, be it that it doesn't exist or whatever, needs to make it do it. See here's the bottom line, I have money to spend. I want to get the most for my money, right now Sprint kind of has a good deal but no MMS. If I want MMS for my money, I go to another carrier, Sprint loses.

Sprint happens to be hemorraging users, Sprint needs to fix problems like this to stop the losses.

I don't care why, what, who or how. They need to make it easy like it is for other carriers. On another carrier I just start typing a person's name in, then hit my menu button and select MMS. I can do that directly from the camera app on other carriers. On Sprint, I gotta go through this bogus hokey crap.

I think that's the core issue here, it's unproductive to go into the technical merit of the debate. It's really simple, if it costs 600 million dollars they should do it. The reason is because Sprint is out 3 million users already, that's anywhere from 15-to 70 million per month in subscription fees. Over 5 years, over ten years, Sprint even existing by then? Do the math on the losses versus investment.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Whatever the reason. It's not as complicated as some would like to make it out. I would be hard pressed to believe that Sprint's network developed so differently from other carrier's networks that MMS is not an option. I don't want to sound derogatory or antagonistic, but Verizon and Alltel use similar hardware, and similar software, and MMS works on their networks. I'm failing to see where anyone should have sympathy for the situation Sprint is in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am starting to think that techfury is Dan Hesse himself.

At this point, myself and the GREAT majority of everyone else doesn't really care about the technical aspects behind it, we just want it plain and simple.

As someone else posted above the money they are losing should be reason enough to figure out what they need to do to enable MMS on the devices like every other carrier does. Not saying that MMS is a make or break, but I don't think I would have bought the Curve had I known it didn't do MMS I may have just stuck with my Nextel phone with free incoming and unlimited direct connect instead of upping into another 2 years and adding $40/month onto my plan for services I haven't had.......and apparently I still don't get with the Curve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ardoreal wrote:

I think that's the core issue here, it's unproductive to go into the technical merit of the debate. It's really simple, if it costs 600 million dollars they should do it. The reason is because Sprint is out 3 million users already, that's anywhere from 15-to 70 million per month in subscription fees. Over 5 years, over ten years, Sprint even existing by then? Do the math on the losses versus investment.

I doubt the 3 million users who left did so because of lack of MMS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I doubt so too, but it's stuff like this that certainly does not help the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well its good to see that Sprint will continue to do what it has always done for its customers, nothing. There is a reason why their unlimited plan w/ BB service is so much cheaper than the rest of the carriers. I would have cancelled long ago if i knew Sprint was just gonna keep wasting our time with false promises and lies. I just can't stomach the idea of going to Verizon of AT&T and getting the same plan I have now for another $50/month plus having to get another BB phone.

I guess to sum up this thread goes like this. Spring won't come out w/ real MMS on BB phones, they won't put out the 4.5 OS for the BB that all other carriers have. They also wont' do anything for us. Thanks Sprint. Keep up the stellar customer service and we'll see you in Chapter 11 in a couple years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@notchstang92 wrote:

Well its good to see that Sprint will continue to do what it has always done for its customers, nothing. There is a reason why their unlimited plan w/ BB service is so much cheaper than the rest of the carriers. I would have cancelled long ago if i knew Sprint was just gonna keep wasting our time with false promises and lies. I just can't stomach the idea of going to Verizon of AT&T and getting the same plan I have now for another $50/month plus having to get another BB phone.

I guess to sum up this thread goes like this. Spring won't come out w/ real MMS on BB phones, they won't put out the 4.5 OS for the BB that all other carriers have. They also wont' do anything for us. Thanks Sprint. Keep up the stellar customer service and we'll see you in Chapter 11 in a couple years.

Oh no you see, their customer service is GREAT! If you have a problem with Sprint not having MMS you can call the CS line and you will get a hold of a representative faster than any carrier. They will also real-friendly-like tell you that you will NOT get MMS and explain to you that your service sucks.
See the executives think that by answering the phone quicker that it makes up for crappy policy. Whatever, you are dead on about the chapter 11 though. It's not that taking bets on IF would work, it's that we should take bets on WHEN.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ardoreal wrote:

@notchstang92 wrote:

Oh no you see, their customer service is GREAT! If you have a problem with Sprint not having MMS you can call the CS line and you will get a hold of a representative faster than any carrier. They will also real-friendly-like tell you that you will NOT get MMS and explain to you that your service sucks.
See the executives think that by answering the phone quicker that it makes up for crappy policy. Whatever, you are dead on about the chapter 11 though. It's not that taking bets on IF would work, it's that we should take bets on WHEN.

Don't hold your breath on the chapter 11 crap. It's not going to happen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heh I doubt that would happen, chances are they'd prolly get bailed out like every other company..

But in all seriousness, they do need to provide more frequent updates, I hate being left in the dark about these things....

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, putting a 5GB cap on PAM wasnt a smart policy either...

within 2 years is my guess for chapter 11....

and I bet in 2 years were still not up to par with blackberry OS (we may get 4.5 but by then they will have 6.0) and we'll be extremely lucky if we have MMS by then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with the updates. Really for what you pay monthly with Sprint you get lots. I am happy with Sprint and I have had At&t, VZW, T-Moblie, SunCom and Nextel to compare them to. truthfully until T-Mobile purchased Suncom I thought SunCom was the best in Customer Service. With Sprint i have great service where I live and customer service has been great to me. Sometimes I think it is the attitude that you call in with that gets you bad customer service. I have always gotten what I wanted from them and they have always made the effort I expected of them. Sure i want MMS but really its not a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to get ripped off paying 50% more for the same plan I have with Sprint just to have MMS. I think people should stop whinning and wait for the upgrade. It is coming and who really cares if Sprint is the last one to have it? Not me.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat