cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from "9016"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Message from "9016"

I've gotten at least 5 SMS messages today from 9016 stating "${from}-has sent you a Sprint Voice Message.  Call ${callbackno}.  CFGs0.0=10334b28bee3cdd1cc647IBqdOSU//CM"  on my Blackberry Curve (3G)

The bold, underlined piece is different in each message....Thoughts???

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Message from "9016"

JOIN THE CROWD AND READ MY DESCPRITION ON IT....  MINE HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR 4 WEEKS.. HOUR ON HOUR AND SOMETIMES 3 OR 4 BACK TO BACK.... THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. AFTER 20 OR MORE REPS....  NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING TO FIX THIS........  SEEMS THEY DONT WANT TO TRY HARD ENOUGH..

Journeyman

I have been getting the same type message for the past 3 days, and as near as I can tell, it is coming from a Twitter account that I am following. I have shut down the latest addition I have made to the "follow" on Twitter, and it seems to have stopped.

Journeyman

I downloaded the 6.0 operating system (again this is for the BlackBerry Curve 9330) and haven't had any sign of the dreaded 9016 texts...the new OS took some getting used to and I needed to re-activate the paid apps that I downloaded but those were small prices to pay in order to end the messages.  Hope this helps!

Journeyman

A temporary work around can be found here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/251018

In your phone, go to Options.  Then go to Security. Then go to Firewall.  Then check the Enable box.  Then check text messages.  Then go to exceptions and check contacts.  The effect of this will block all text messages, including 9016, but will allow those texts from people in your address book to come through.  That works for me.  If you are used to getting texts from business clients or others outside of your address book, then this may not be a good solution for you. 

I went to a Sprint store yesterday.  They had no clue.  I spoke to a tech rep on the phone.  They knew a little bit more about it, but not much.  They said it is an ongoing problem and I sense they have no solution for it now.  Eventually, they will have to fiind a way to fix it.  in the meantime, it is just a PITA.  The problem seems to be with visual voice mail, which is a non-removable sprint program. 

Master

The cause is known and RIM is working ona  fix for the issue. It should be included in the next update. I don't have a specific date or timeframe at the moment however.

RIM thought the issue was fixed previously in the last update for the Style, but another cause cropped up after the other update was finalized.

Journeyman

Go to Sprint.com and sign in. Select your device (i have more than one) and then select block text. Select the option "Block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages." It will give you a text box that you can type 9016 and then scroll to bottom of screen and save. This should stop that text. I like to receive texts from other services and stores, so this will block only the annoying 9016. Hope this helps you.

Journeyman

Blocking texts did not work for me. I bought my Style with OS 6.0.248 and immediately upgraded to 6.0.407. The VVM glitched when I deleted a vm and it remained on the screen. When I tried to click it again it said it could not be retrieved and the annoying 9016 texts started. Also the VVM failed to reconcile deleted messages. The communication between sprint and the phone becomes compromised. After 2 weeks of nobody being able to resolve the issue, I downgraded back to 6.0.248 and the issue was resolved. After about 5 days I reloaded .407 just to see, and the VVM glitched again and the texts returned. Downgraded to .248 and no problems.

It is definitely an issue with the .407 OS release for 6.0. So if any of you are running OS 6.0.407 on a style, downgrade to .248 and it should work.

Journeyman

I ended up doing a full security wipe, due to another issue I had with MySpace, after I did the full security wipe, the operating system automatically upgraded. As of right now, 3 days later, the message from 9016 hasn't reappeared. Hopefully it won't!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat