cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SDHC in BB Curve

Micro SDHC in BB Curve

I'm about to go get a new memory card for my Curve and I want to get a 8GB card if I can. But all I see are 8GB Micro SDHC cards. No regular ol' Micro SD. I cant find any straight answer on whether or not SDHC is supported by the Curve. All I can find is that it is NOT supported by the Pearl. Anyone got any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes the 8GB MicroSDHC card will work in the Curve as long as your OS version is 4.3 or higher (from what I was reading at RIM's official BB forum).

Two weeks ago, Radio Shack had the 8GB cards on sale for $40 and I bought one not realizing that it was an "SDHC" card. I crossed my fingers, installed the card and it worked. FWIW, my Curve shipped from Sprint running OS v4.3.0.127 (Not sure if all of Sprint's Curves are running this version, though).

Message Edited by rhoq on 10-05-2008 08:29 AM

Highlighted

Yes, the current Curves are still being shipped out with 4.3.0.127 on them. So thats cool. I can finally get a nice amount of songs on my BB. My whole iTunes library is about 13GB, you you can imagine what its like to only have a 1GB card, lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yup u should be fine. got a 8gb scandisk microsdhc about 1 month ago from ebay for $30 shipped. one of the best investmentmy BB curve has seen. well ever since i got my BB my life changed. i used to jog with my mp3 on me and other phone on my other pocket. now i leave the mp3 player home and just use my BB to jog. having a 8gb is a plus since i can practically bring my whole collection on it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat