cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO BB Passport for Sprint

Journeyman

NO BB Passport for Sprint

I am currently eligible for an upgrand and want the Blackberry Passport. Sprint let me know yesterday that they will NOT be getting the Passport and that I can buy it independently and have the service connected with Sprint in 2/2015. Is that a benefit for me? NO that is the entire point of being eligible for the upgrade. So you want me to spent 500 out of pocket then come to you for service. Ummmm. NO Sprint , try again..

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: NO BB Passport for Sprint

SHEAINTME

We would hate to lose your business. But at this current time we don't and have no future plans of carrying the Blackberry Passport. However, We can explore different options for your upgrade.

- Shanae
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

For many of legacy Sprint customers, our monthly bill includes a subsidy for new phones every two years.  Purchasing Blackberry's on the outside and connecting means we pay full price for the phone, while Sprint pockets the subsidy as pure profit.  Perhaps, Sprint needs to merge with the other big CDMA player?

Master

darad

Thank you for posting. How may I assist you?

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

You do know that BlackBerry didn't make a CDMA model of the Passport? That leaves Verizon out of it too. If I still had a BlackBerry, I would blame them.

Journeyman

Verizon plans on offerring the BB Classic.  Sprint is not mentioned!   Bad enough no Passport,

but no Classic is in the works for Sprint.  At least offer Classic and Passport via mail order,

no need to stock in stores, where everyone is a gaming or Facebook AppleHead.

http://crackberry.com/att-confirms-it-will-sell-blackberry-classic-theres-no-launch-date-or-price-ye...

Wizard

So, the classic is on Verizon and not Sprint. Interesting...

Master

Darad - We are sorry, but at this moment we do not have any information regarding the Blackberry Passport and Classic. For all new phone releases please visit http://newsroom.sprint.com/. Please let us know if you have any questions. - Necole
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This really sucks.  Sprint could at least state via these Forums that Sprint is actively working on obtaining the Passport and/or Classic for the Sprint network -- before everyone is forced to jump ship to ATT.   Verizon has already announced its intentions.

Or, Sprint and their deep-pocket owners need to get on the GSM bandwagon before being the last carrier on CDMA (after and should Verizon switches to GSM, which would not surprise).  Someones I think automated robots are replying for Sprint on these forums.

Journeyman

Yesterday, I spoke with Sprint on a billing issue.   Anything else?  Yes, Passport and Classic!!!

The agent gave the canned answer:  "Is Blackberry still making cell phones?"   Seems like so many have gotten that answer from Sprint agents, all of whom should be fired for being so out of touch.

Then he said, you could buy one from web sources, unlocked and presumably a CDMA variant, and have it work on the Sprint network.  But he acknowledges I'd be paying a built-in subsidy in my monthly family rate for upgrading every two years, and not using the subsidy for upgrade!  No alternative other than jumping to ATT when my contracts are up.  What's with Sprint big-backers in Japan?  Have they not a clue?

Master

Hi darad,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Sprint. Once a decision has been made to add a new device to our roster, you will find that information in our Sprint Newsroom. If you have additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to assist.

Thank you,
Michael
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Unfortunately there is no CDMA radio version of the Passport yet. However, there is for the Classic and Verizon has that already.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat