cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BB 8530 Release date

Highlighted
Journeyman

New BB 8530 Release date

Can someone tell me when the Blackberry 8530 is going to be released since it didn't take place on November 20, 2009 as orinigal stated. I now read its in Q4. What does that mean. Is there an exact date?

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: New BB 8530 Release date

Not sure  I was  wondering this myself since I have an 8330 and  would like to upgrade to the 8530 I know verizon released it on time on the 20th. anyw help would be appreciated folks.

Journeyman

I have called Sprint pretty much every day and they all give me different answers. One sprint store said the middle of December and then I called telesales and they said all they show in the computer is by the end of November or the beginning of December. I wish they would all make up there minds as I am getting different answers. I thought they would release it on the same day as verizon but one store told me it all depends on who pays more to the manufacture for a certain release date obviously if that is the case it was Verizon. Sprint really needs to hurry up w/ this one.

Journeyman

OMG! Can't they make up there mind and give the consumers what they want.

Journeyman

Ok. So I called sprint again last night and they are still telling everyone by the end of this month which is this week or the beginning of next month.. Which is next week. So this morning once again i called and got the same answer but when I called corporate at 703-433-4401 the girl called the tech support person who would know and they said they do not have a release date and that what telesales is telling people is not correct. Telesales cannot give that information if we do not have a date. As of now a round about time is not set. The woman says tech support knows about the releases sooner than anyone else. So I guess we will have to hang on and see. If we all keep calling the corporate number above maybe they will hurry up and announce a date. Ya right wishful thinking.

Journeyman

i work at a sprint corp store and we havent gotten any word yet as to when the official release date is so i wouldnt be able to help much =/

Journeyman

Ok so get this.. I just spoke to someone in telesales and she said she has new information. The phone is going to be released on December 1st through telesales, then the web and then the stores and the price is 149.99 after rebate.

So I decided to call again right after that to see if I get the same answer and no I did not. The gentleman I spoke with said that there is no information on the release date or pricing he said he does not know where the person I spoke with got her information....

I wish everyone would just have the same answer and quit confusing people.

Journeyman

Welcome to Sprint...

Journeyman

I can see why people who comment on other sites, don't like Sprint customer service.

Only I want is my Blackberry and is a reasonable time frame!

Journeyman

Sprint never said anything about November 20, that was the date Verizon gave. I don't know if you realize this but Verizon and Sprint are different companies. Sprint has never announced a launch date and have actually just now come out with a tentative launch date. I don't understand how everyone is mad at Sprint for not launching the device by the date that they never set. I'm just as excited as everyone else for this device, but I am realistic with my expectations.

Journeyman

What tenative release date did you hear. Yesterday I heard between December 12th - 23rd. by sprint telesales... But they also told me by November 28th, then i was told December 1st.

Journeyman

I wasn't the only one who read that is was going to be released on Nov 20th.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat