cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BB 8530 Release date

Highlighted
Journeyman

New BB 8530 Release date

Can someone tell me when the Blackberry 8530 is going to be released since it didn't take place on November 20, 2009 as orinigal stated. I now read its in Q4. What does that mean. Is there an exact date?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon announced a launch date of November 20th. Sprint still has not announced a date, although they do have a tentative launch date set for before Christmas but have not announced the date to the public. I wasn't saying that it wasn't on the internet anywhere, just that Sprint never said that. I understand your impatience though as I am excited for this device as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok so i just spoke with Account services. the people who they transfer you to when you want to cancel. The received the launch date on December 4th. the launch date in January 7th 2010. Account services gets this information before anyone else. They do not have the pricing yet, but the gentleman said this is definately the launch date. So I am going to go with that

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are encouraged not to release information about upcoming devices or plans until they actually release because so many times, there is a last minute change that will delay release.  This way there are not unreasonable expectations given to customers.  What I can tell you is that it is scheduled currently to be released before the end of the year.  That is as specific as I am allowed to be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 'buzz' on other sites seems to be confirmed as a release date of Dec 18th 2009.

Only way to truely confirm this is ON dec 18th, so it doesn't mean too much.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When speaking w/ customer service last night I asked if they had any updates and they were given the date on January 10th 2010, but the other day when speaking Account services they said it is scheduled to be released on January 7th 2010 and this morning telesales said the same. There is a lot of dates going around I guess we will have to see on the date it is released....

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone will be realease before the end of this year as a Soft launch.. thats as far as i can say.. If you want to see it in a store wait until 2010.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat