cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tour release date?

Highlighted
Patron

New Tour release date?

Just finished my contract with my Centro. An adequate phone with many shortcomings. However, I would have opted for another Palm product but the Pre and the Pixi did not cut it. Too small, keys not geared to larger hands and do not like the way the keys slide in and out. Would have liked a look and feel similar to the Treo.

So when is the Tour Two being released. If it not very soon, might have to change carriers. Any ideas what the release date is?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: New Tour release date?

I did a little research and looking; there is talk about it coming out sometime in Feb. It is not sure if Sprint will offer it.

Journeyman

It will be for Sprint and Verizon, the rumored release date is feb. 3rd........but which gets it first no one knows. I hope it does, my 30 days is up in the 6th.

Journeyman

I hope it comes out for you in time. I can't do anything until March (to get $150 off), then I might wait a month or two to give more time to get any bugs out... I read around Crackberry.com and in discussions here... have learned a lot...

Journeyman

I've done more looking around, here is an article I found interesting...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sprint-and-Verizon-to-Soon-Launch-BlackBerry-Tour2-131945.shtml

Journeyman

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16082&news=Sprint+BlackBerry+Tour2+HTC+WiMAX+Palm+webOS

Here is yet another article... with so many conflicting articles and rumors, it's a matter of wait and see....

Patron

Well, I guess the info about the Tour 2 release date was not correct. Sprint dropping the price on the Tour 9630 to $99 still is not enough of a " catch " to have me buy it. I will continue to wait for the new release. I looked at the new sprint 8530 and while it has some nice features, is not what I am looking for. I want a phone that will not break or have issues on how it is made. I have patience but hope Sprint will get their act together and get the new phone out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat