cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BlackBerry Z30 on Sprint?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No BlackBerry Z30 on Sprint?

stop posting that link,,, it's useless,,, yeah, i know, it's your job,,, you can obviously see from the 10 pages that this is an issue,,, never mind the canned responses,,, get on it & say "yes' or "no",,, it's not that difficult...

Master

JB999,

I would love to be able to tell you that yes we are getting it or no we are not. Unfortunately we in Sprint Social Care do not know if we will be getting the Z30 or not. It will be announced through the Sprint Newsroom and that is why we provide that link.

*Stephanie

Journeyman

so exercise some initiative,,, dig a little,,, make some calls,,, make it happen,,, how 'bout providing mr. ceos' email??? phone #??? the status quo, quite franlky, is just lame,,, passing the buck speaks to not only the company line, but character as well...

Journeyman

Hi, I think the Sprint reply is typical and we shouldn't expect more. I've decided to look at unlocked BB phones from Amazon etc... I noticed they had the Z10 for 270.00 unlocked. I know they will also have have the Z30 unlocked as well. I'm exploring ways to continue phone service without the 2 year contract and it seems using this method will allow me to keep sprint service and have other options... I still have 156 days remaining on my contract, I'm tired of waiting and asking!

Good luck!

blackberry-z30-8.jpg

Journeyman

You are wasting your money if you do that. Sprint's will not allow you to bring on non-Sprint phones onto the network. They and Verizon use CDMA which T-Mobile and AT&T don't use. Hopefully with LTE, some of this is overcome, but Sprint's LTE bands are different.

Journeyman

Kittycat,

Your response is not accurate. Blackberry did not release the Z30 as an exclusive to Verizon. Verizon's exclusivity was limited to a November launch. It is now nearly January. Blackberry is on the record that they are not solely tied to Verizon.

For everyone else,

I suspect there may be a couple of reasons for the delay:

1. When Sprint launched the Q10, they did us a favor by not loading a bunch of bloatware. They probably realized the new 10.2 OS was on the horizon and held off development of the bloatware. They have no had a couple of months to add the standard Sprint bloatware to the BB10 OS. When the Q10 is updated to 10.2, I expect more Sprint bloatware.

2. Sprint probably decided to change the initial hardware configuration and are now making it compatible with Sprint Spark. If I want to create a demand for a lower demand phone, I give it something other phones don't have. The Sprint Spark phone choices are limited. Why not add another device with the capabilities?  Sprint doesn't even have to deliver Spark. I got the EVO 4G and Sprint never fully deployed 4G to my area. They have moved on to 4G LTE in my area, so my 4G phone has been limited to 3G for nearly 4 years.

Journeyman

Steelclip, I know people who have successfully, so I disagree with you and I have enough experience to know it is wise to verify compatibility first...investigating other options beats the current situation and the dismal Sprint/BB relationship forecast.      

Journeyman

please let me know what you find out .. I am interested as well.

Journeyman

If buying an unlocked Blackberry 10 phone worked on Sprint, people wouldn't have switched to AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon when the Z10 came out. I explored the options when the Z10 was launched. The unlocked Z30 would need the necessary antennas turned on + you would need the correct phone identification numbers to be loaded into Sprint's system.

Journeyman

There was a press release today, January 7, basically announcing more Spark markets, the new 'Framily' plans, and the LG G Flex coming to Sprint (as a Spark enabled device), but NO news of the BB Z30.  This is disppointing that they would announce a new phone, presumbaly to push the Spark service, but not even a breadcrumb about the Z30.

At the end of the article, they have a PR contact for Sprint with email address and phone number, [Personal Information Removed], [Personal Information Removed], [Personal Information Removed].  I sent an email inquiring about the Z30.  Perhaps if everyone interested sent email or called, this Corporate Communications director might get the hint.  Heck, it could be she's not even aware of the A10/Z30 issue.  I think I'll leave a voicemail...

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140107-911218.html

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Master

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHY????

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat