Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos of new BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone

Highlighted
Wizard

Photos of new BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone

Launch date: Coming soon

A combination of the benefits of Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk services and the power of BlackBerry smartphones. Wi-Fi capability, a 2.0 megapixel camera, Bluetooth-supporting stereo sound and enhanced media player come with it.

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=220644&p=imageGalleryCategoryDetail&t=MI&MICategoryId...

Will let everyone know when I get a definite launch date.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

Keep in mind, this is only a rumor, but I have what I consider to be a fairly reliable source tell me that the 8350i will be launched on BLACK FRIDAY! In other words, the day after Thanks Giving.

If it launches any later than that, consider it a swan song for iDEN specifically, and Sprint overall.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't been this excited over a phone, since the i730. Man I miss Nextel. I heard Dec 1, but if it's out for black Friday, even better.!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

I am afraid the Black Friday date is a rumor.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah,

Care to elaborate on the launch date? We are hearing rumors, Black Friday, Dec. 1, and Dec. 2....and you say that Black Friday is a rumor. That helps. I don't understand how Verizon can go ahead and post their launch date of the Storm (it is all over the TV now, and in sales papers), which promotes sales of the product, and all we are getting is nonconfirmed rumor dates.

For the Nextel loyal who use Blackberries....7100i (so outdated)....this is so typical of how Sprint has been, and why customers are leaving in mass exodus. I made the change to carry a Nextel and a Sprint BlackBerry (2 years roughly) so I could have the best of both worlds. So sad to have to do that. But, with my clients getting sick and tired of this with Sprint, they are leaving left and right (approximately 30%).

I am a big fan of Nextel, but I have to wonder if you guys aren't trying to kill the service. It is the rumor. I hope not. What was once the king of Direct Connect, is now facing a serious challenge from Verizon.

Shed a little light on a release date.....it just might help sell it!

Thanks,

ARCHITREX

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi ARCHITREX -

I understand your frustration with the lack of a launch date.  I was confident in posting the date wasn't Black Friday, because I would have seen something if it was going to available then.

I am glad there is some excitement surrounding this and as soon as the date is announced I will post it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sarah!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I stopped by the Nextel/Sprint store National dealer that I deal with and the 8350i is already available for order for Business custoemrs. I actually already ordered mine adn waiting on it now. The date on his papers were release of Decemeber 1st. He had a display of this phone in his store and OMG it is wonderful. I am so glad i will be saying bye to my 7100i.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A Nextel customer support rep told me December 15th. I am curious as to how much it will cost.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I went to my Sprint store on Friday because I am having trouble with my 7100i.

While I was there I asked about the new phone and they went and spoke to the technician and this is what he said.

"Verizon has rights to the phone until the end of the quarter and Sprint can not release this version until the first quarter of 2009. Beyond a general date of the first quarterwe have no more specific information about when it will be released."

So it could be anytime between January and April, which really bites.

Thought everyone interested should know.

Depending on how Sprint feels about this information being put out there you may not even see my post but if I find it is not here I will repost this information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The technician's answer seems a little odd. How would Verizon have rights to an iden version of a curve? Sprint CDMA already has the curve. I've heard the release date is 12-15-2008.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat