cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture mail on Blackberry Curve

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture mail on Blackberry Curve

How  can I view any picture mail I recieve on my  Blackberry Curve; can anyone help me with this issue?

Message was edited by: Rand1

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

A little better detail on what you are trying to do may help give you a better answer.

If by saying Picture Mail you mean an MMS message then it depends on your model of Curve.  If you have one of the 8330m it should send right to your phone like MMS does on every other phone/carrier.  If you have an older 8330 you should get an SMS text message telling you have new a new picture with a link in the SMS text to click on that takes you to the image hosted on Sprint's Picture Mail server where you can view it or download it to your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks I have the curve 8330 when i get an alert I have a picture mail I go to view it and I can't open there's no button/feature that allows me to open the link. The only comes up is "Reply,Forward, Delete, Full Menu" when I open the full menu I still can't open it the picture mail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is what you should be seeing when you get an MMS.  Notice I rolled my cursor down to the link and hit the trackball which gave me the options you see.

If you just hit the trackball while not highlighting the link you don't get the view link in the menu.

Message was edited by: MontanaXVI

Highlighted
Journeyman

part 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Montana thanks for your help but I've tried that as well, and that's not working for me perhaps I might need to go to the "Sprint" Store and let them fight with it I'm not able to open the link!  I appreciate your time and help.

Peace,and Blessings

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello......

I see that you are currently having a problems opening the Picturemail that you receive on your Blackberry Curve 8330. I have researched this information for you to see if we are able to save you a trip to the Sprint Store. There are a few features on the phone that we will need to check to make sure they are set up correct.

The First thing that we will need to check would be to make sure that the Version on the HandHeld Device is up to date. To do this please do the following:

*Select Options icon.

*Select About.

*Verify software version

The Software Version should be v4.5 Handheld Software (HHS).

If this is the correct Version on the phone please continue with the next steps. If not please let me know and I will be glad to assist you with updating the Software on the phone.

The next steps would be as follows:

*Select Options and MMS.
*Verify Multimedia Reception and Automatic Retrieval options are set to Always.

*If options were changed, press the Menu key and select Save.

*Go back to the Home screen.

*Select Options and Security Options.

*Select Firewall.

*Verify the Firewall Status is set to Disable.

If not, press the trackball and change to Disable.

(Devices attached to BlackBerry Enterprise Servers (BES) may not have this ability.)

*Press the Menu key and press Save.

*Verify MMS and SMS are not checked under Block Incoming Messages.

*Select Options and Advanced Options.

*Select Browser Push.
*Verify the following are checked:

Enable Push

Enable MDS Push

Enable WAP Push

If options were changed, press the Menu key and select Save.

Have a Picture Message sent to the phone for a test to the device to verify resolution.

After all these steps are completed, if you are still unable to open the Picturemail on the phone, I have a few more steps for you to complete.

*Go to Options and Advanced Options.

*Go to Service Book.

*Highlight MMS Client [MMS] and press the menu key.

*Highlight Delete and press the trackball.

*Highlight Delete on the warning and press the trackball.

*Highlight MMS Transport [WPTCP] and press the menu key.

*Select Delete.

*Select Delete to the Are you sure? prompt.

Perform a Register Now.

1. From the BlackBerry home screen, click the Options icon.
  2. Select Advanced Options > Hosting Routing Table.
  3. Select the Menu Key.
  4. Select Register Now.

Have a Picture Message sent to the phone for a test to the device to verify resolution.

One other list of steps to follow to see if we can resolve this issue without you having to drive to the Sprint Store, if the previous steps did not correct the Picturemail issue.

These steps would require you to back up all your information from your phone to your PC.

1. Synchronize your Address Book so that the information can be synchronized back to the BlackBerry after troubleshooting.

2. You must delete the following information as troubleshooting:

*Address Book

*Address Book All

*Email Messages

*MMS Messages

*Service Books

*SMS Messages

On

Start > Programs > BlackBerry > Desktop Manager.

Connect the BlackBerry by USB.

*Verify Desktop Manager displays Connected.

*Double-click Backup and Restore.

*Click Advanced.

On

*Address Book

*Address Book All

*Messages [e-mail]

*MMS Messages

*Service Books

*SMS Messages

Once all of these are highlighted, click Clear.

*Click Refresh.

*Disconnect the BlackBerry.

If these three list of steps does not correct the Picturemail problem on the phone for you, there is a Ticket that can be opened for you. If you will make me aware once these steps has been completed if they were able to resolve your problem or not, I will be more than glad to have this ticket submitted for you by my supervisor.

I will be here wanting to hear from you.......

Great Day & My Pleasure

Message was edited by: slittle

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to ask how these above solutions will resolve anything?

I ask because we don't get MMS to our phones, we get an SMS telling us to click this link to get the MMS.  If we actually had real MMS service I could see how the settings for MMS could be a problem, but since we don't what good is it?

If they have an 8330m then they should already have 4.5 on it, as well as somewhat real MMS as far as incoming is concerned.  If they don't have an 8330m then I don't see how the MMS settings will resolve any issues.

Can someone explain this one to me, or point me in the right direction?

Highlighted
Journeyman

All Blackberry devices have not been updated with the new software. I am unsure if you have the new software or not but in the case that you do not have it, you can access the download at this link. You will need to download the Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7 if you have not already done so, and then download the new software to your phone. Hopefully this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

We are having this same problem and I worked through the "fixes" and nothing works.  We originall got 2 BB Curve 8830 in June 09.  One of the phones constantly reset itself, so after much troubleshooting, we received a replacement phone.  The original 2 BB received the picture as MMS.  The replacement phone gives the message providing a link to look at the picture.  Sometimes the links work and sometimes they don't.  We have tried contacting customer service and they don't have an answer.  We have tried visiting a Sprint store and they have no idea what we ae talking about even when we show them.

I have no way of knowing the actual age of the replacement phone, but I can only surmise that the replacement phone is an "old" one that didn't have the MMS capabilities.  This is very frustrating since the original phone we had did have MMS.  What can we do to remedy this?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat