cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Ringtones for Blackberry Curve 8330

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem with Ringtones for Blackberry Curve 8330

I recently purchased the Blackberry Curve 8330 and I have had the hardest time trying to purchase a ringtone. When I try to do it from the phone itself I go to the web browser go to shop for games and application and then i click on the ringers menu but it only gives me the option to purchase ringer software. I tried to download ringtones from the Sprint website itself but it too tells me to purchase this ringtone software. They offer three different options and finally i just decided to buy one called te Ringtone Junkie because it said it offers hundreds of songs but when I got it I got only a few songs and artist none of which I even heard of before. Im really haveing a hard time and ts really hard for me to believe that a phone as advanced is this is not capable of ringtone downloads. Please let me know what Im doing wrong and how I can buy a ringtone...this problem is driving me crazy!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

You must purchase a ringer pack from the software store, BlackBerry devices are not supported in the ringer solution. This due to how data traffic is handled with RIM and not the carrier. You can use the Roxio media player software to create your own ringers by dragging what songs you want to be ringers into the ringer folder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

buying ringtones is a thing of the past now. its so easy to create your own ringtones and add them to phone. my advice is for your to invest about 30-60 mins on these forums and you shall learn how to do ringtones. quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tuneusin.com from your BB. free and some good ones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as creating the ringtones goes does that mean I can choose what part of the song I want to play as the ringtone like can I edit it in a way that I want, because I put a couple of songs from my Itunes on to my phone and set them as ringtones but it only plays the beginning of the song....would I be able tto create a ringtone and set lets say the chorus ofas a ringtone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bilolnacoco wrote:
As far as creating the ringtones goes does that mean I can choose what part of the song I want to play as the ringtone like can I edit it in a way that I want, because I put a couple of songs from my Itunes on to my phone and set them as ringtones but it only plays the beginning of the song....would I be able tto create a ringtone and set lets say the chorus ofas a ringtone?

exactly. thats the best thing of making your own ringtone. you can simply cut out what part of the song you dont want. i would keep them no longer than 30 seconds. also you can raise their volume higher so it can sound higher on ur curve, instead of raising the volume on ur curve, you can literally raise the volume on the actual song before sending it to your BB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your help....now one more question is there any specific software that you could recommend that I could buy in order to do this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use DJToneXpress. I just downloaded to my desktop, and I can create ringer from any of my mp3 or wma files, and send a link directly to my phone. It works great!

http://www.djtonexpress.com/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat