cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to Sprint/Nextel Directly

Highlighted
Patron

Questions to Sprint/Nextel Directly

Is there a way to ask Sprint/Nextel questions directly to them on here?  I really want to know if they are going to come out with an upgrade for the 8350I.  I want a Blackberry that has Direct Connect with 3G or 4G internet speeds.  I really want to know before I upgrade to another version of Blackberry, because it always works out where I'll spend money on an upgrade then 2 or 3 months later they will bring out another version of the phone I would of rather had spent money on!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes - you just did.

Will there be an upgrade to the 8350i? 

We can't comment on our upcoming products - we have a strict policy that prevents us from talking about unannounced products.

That being said, I haven't seen anything about an updated BB on Nextel on any of the NON-sprint rumor sites.

And the 8350i came out fairly recently, so it's not due for a replacement just right yet.

And other Sprint news has shown that there will not be any more Q-Chat HPPTT devices made (which would give you the high speed cellular data with PTT capabilities).

And there's only one rumored 4G phone in the works.

So I would be pretty confident buying the 8350i if you need PTT on a BB. 

I could be wrong - this is all based on my personal reading of Sprint public news and various rumors on the Internet.   This is not a comment on any unannounced products.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any chance of Sprint/Nextel coming out with a threaded sms/mms update for the Blackberry Curve 8350i

As well, I've read that the Curve 8350i has compatibility with the new OS 5.0 software, any possibility of that coming to Sprint/Nextel?

Message was edited by: scottandbarb

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat