cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove unwanted apps?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Remove unwanted apps?

How do I remove applications like facebook and myspace from BB8330?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good Evening.......

To remove applications from your Blackberry 8330 such as Facebook or Myspace you would do the following:

1). From the Main Menu, choose the OPTIONS button

2). From the Options Page, choose the ADVANCED OPTIONS button

3). From the Advanced Options Page, choose the APPLICATIONS button

4). You should then see a Loading Bar that says "Building List", once this is complete you should get the full list of Applications on the phone.

5). You would then scroll down to the Application that you would like to remove and press the Menu button and there will be the DELETE option which will remove the Application from the phone.

I hope these steps help you with removing these applications from the phone.

Great Day & My Pleasure!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for your assistance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also in addition to what the customer care rep stated you also might want to make sure all the modules for the app have been deleted also.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take note that even though you remove these apps, they will still show an icon on your phone unless you hide the icon.  When you phone gets service books pulled down to it these icons get put back on the phone, but they are icons only.  The actual program isn't installed unless you go to the icon for that program and perform the install.

You will delete Myspace, but when you reboot your phone you are still going to have an icon for Myspace, don't worry though, it's gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It appears that deleting the service book removes the icon but somehow or other they get updated. Thanks for your response.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat