cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from BlackBerry team regarding MMS vs Picturemail

Journeyman

Re: Response from BlackBerry team regarding MMS vs Picturemail

Exactly - And, even when it is working perfectly, my message notification is between 1 and 5 minutes slower than the people around me on other networks, and being able to retrieve the message depends on me having a solid evdo connection. I can recieve calls and text in certain buildings I work in, but can not browse the web unless I go outside.

edit -

And why would it be such a big deal to tell people they have to update if they want mms? I mean, they went all that time without mms before, if they want it, they can upgrade. If they don't, they dont have to do anything. Sprint just can't help but make up BS excuses for absolutely anything!

Message Edited by jverity on 02-27-2009 09:48 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I didn't want to say anything because I think a lot of the mud slinging is pointless but I have to say something. Overall, I have my reservations (the issue rhoq has is my biggest worry) withMMS deliveringpictures withPictureMail but it's not a big deal unless you don't have a data plan (my other issue with PictureMail). I AM happy that I can send MMS to my family since i could not do this before. I know that if I want to keep the picture, there are extra steps involved.It's only one step to just see the picture, which is what is seems like the Blackberry team is referring to when they say there is only one click to get the picture. If I want the picture, I don't have a problem clicking on a few extra steps. Someone mentioned an app was used in the past, well I think a PictureMail app would be a nice thing since it will pull the picture to my phone but I know that there will be grumblings from other users.

Yes, yes, it's true that this isn't true MMS but it satisfies my needs and the overall 4.5 upgrade has given me more satisfaction than fretting over clicking a link for a picture.The other comment about Sprint looking at all BB users is commendable since I have worked very hard to convert people but they are not as savy as me with the BB.

Journeyman

Sarah , Can you please invite BB team and those in charge-white suits to this thread so they can better explain there reasoning for such primitive way of receiving pictures.

Blogs , news sites and this threads taring apart BB Teams "BlackBerry team regarding MMS vs Picture Mail" response.

If those in charge want to keep on hiding more current / potential customers will be lost.

I wont be leaving Sprint but will visit this thread everyday until BB Team shows itself. post#1 response is unexceptable.

I'm not trying to be a jerk..I'm tired of being jerked around by your employer.

Journeyman

@rhoq wrote:

Alright - I was willing to settle for less until last night when I received a few MMS message and couldn't view the pictures because the picture mail server was down for maintenance

*EDIT* 15 hours later I am still hit with the following message when trying to view pictures sent to me via MMS around 6 PM (Eastern) last night: "This site is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance and enhancements. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please come back soon!"

22 hours and counting! This is absolutely ridiculous!

Journeyman

Like I said near the begining of the thread, I'm leaving at my next no-etf oportunity. I'd stay if we got true MMS, only because I almost never need to call customer support, and on the unlimited plan billing issues are easy to identify and hard for them to argue with me about, but I'm sure we wont get it.

I'm only still reading this forum because I'd like to see what kind of BS excuse they try to give us now, if any.

Journeyman

Jverity hate to see you go because you always bring some really good points to the table but I can't blame you at all. If I could leave right now I would be gone in a heart beat. Sprint's Customer service is at the worst it's ever been in my opinion. I called a few days ago to do an ESN change and the guy I talked to actually screwed that up which was very shocking for the fact it is one of the easiest things you can do and before someone says that I wouldn't know how easy it is I used to work for the company.

Journeyman

Bringing good points up doesn't really make a difference when Sprint ignores them. I can have everyone else on the forum agree with everything I say, and it won't matter because no one who can actually do something at Sprint ever takes notice.

The site is not actually here for the purpose of listening to the customer, like Sprint claims. It would have been staffed by more than the handful of people they gave it when it first started if that was ever the case. The site is only here to keep us too busy waiting for a response to our complaints to actually go and move to another carrier. It's all PR. Hense the BS excuses, where when we call them out on it, they never respond.

Can't wait to see how many customer's Sprint looses this quarter. Dan can blame it on the economy all he wants, but if that were true the other carriers wouldn't be posting increases in post paid customers and profits like they are. Sprint's destruction is entirely self induced. The only reason Sprint has ANY customers left is because they have the cheapest plans, but the number of customers that pricing alone will keep them, without features and good customer service, will not let them stay afloat.

Journeyman

All I want to know is why I can't hear a sound caption while I look at a picture using picture mail.

I'm sorry but my friends and I (well not me because I have sprint picture mail not MMS) send funny pictures back and forth that have sound. I have to click another link to open the media player after I look at the picture.

All I want to do is enjoy the comedy that my friends send me using my $600 phone on the MUTLI BILLION dollar Sprint network like my friends that have Verizion and AT&T can.

I don't expect more from Sprint I do expect the same in the very least. This is not an unfair request or expectation.

If the engineers at Sprint are not able to figure it out to make this happen then get somebody in there to make it happen. I bet there are a lot of good educated people that are unemployed currently.

In the very least ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!! Why can't I listen to a caption while looking at the picture at the same time without clicking another link?

Can ya hear me Now????

Journeyman

Can I give a mighty DITTO to each and every complaint? It takes me multiple clicks because picmail won't load. no video. no sound captions. What a waste of resources.

Journeyman

I don't know if Picture Mail just doesn't like me, or it is an issue related to the 4.5 but my pictures no longer load on the Picture Mail page, I have to click to view the image to even see what it is.

Journeyman

mms reality

I keep getting message displayed when attempting to view pictures received

Picture created by
http://www.mitalis.com/2009/02/sprints-blackberry-team-responds-regarding-the-mms-protocol/

Message Edited by Sling on 02-28-2009 01:49 PM

Journeyman

Sling,

I hope they leave that up, it is an INSTANT CLASSIC!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat