cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from BlackBerry team regarding MMS vs Picturemail

Journeyman

Re: Response from BlackBerry team regarding MMS vs Picturemail

You know, I see things pretty painly. We're Blackberry users. Supposedly the most advanced phones out there. SO GIVE US *bleep* PICTURE MESSAGING ALREADY IF YOU'RE SO ADVANCED!! What else do they need to hear?!?! Get up to date with 1999 technology already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I just got my Curve 8350i last week and I must say that if the MMS and video messaging issues aren't fixed soon, this will be my last Nextel phone. I can't even recieve video messages from my own phone unless I change the size to MMS mode which makes the video so small and blurry that itmakes it not worth viewing. I was better off with my i870. You would think that this being a "business phone"that it would be more up to date with technology. I've been waiting for a Blackberry that would support the PTT option for a long time, but I didn't expect to loose MMS capabilities. Especially since just about everybody else that I know that has a Blackberry (with other carriers)loves their phone. I was expecting to have the same reaction, but instead I'm just disgusted with it. Definately not worth the money that I paid for it. Even more disgusted that I had to get a more expensive "Blackberry Plan" just so that I would be able to send and recieve messages. Yet another reason I was better off with my old phone. Like I mentioned earlier though, this will be my last Nextel phone if these issues are not fixed.

Master

eyedrunk wrote:
I just got my Curve 8350i last week and I must say that if the MMS and video messaging issues aren't fixed soon, this will be my last Nextel phone. I can't even recieve video messages from my own phone unless I change the size to MMS mode which makes the video so small and blurry that itmakes it not worth viewing. I was better off with my i870. You would think that this being a "business phone"that it would be more up to date with technology. I've been waiting for a Blackberry that would support the PTT option for a long time, but I didn't expect to loose MMS capabilities. Especially since just about everybody else that I know that has a Blackberry (with other carriers)loves their phone. I was expecting to have the same reaction, but instead I'm just disgusted with it. Definately not worth the money that I paid for it. Even more disgusted that I had to get a more expensive "Blackberry Plan" just so that I would be able to send and recieve messages. Yet another reason I was better off with my old phone. Like I mentioned earlier though, this will be my last Nextel phone if these issues are not fixed.

The Nextel Blackberry does have true 2-way MMS jsut like all Nextel phones. This thread is geared towards the CDMA side with MMs outbound and PicMail inbound.

The 8350i issues are being worked on and an update should be out by the end of the month according to a post SarahKS made a week or so ago.

As for the Blackberry Data plan, blackberries are designed to be connected to the network at all times, without a data plan you would either be charged a constant $75 for casual data usage (where it caps at 2.5MB). The Blackberry data package essentially is required due to the way RIM designs the phones.

Journeyman

There haven't been any recent updates here. I still hope that Sprint is working on enabling true bi-directional MMS support instead of the clunky incoming SMS with links.

Also, I know it was stated that one of the reasons that true incoming MMS was not turned on since devices older than 4.5 might not support it, but I hope that Sprint will resolve this soon. Incoming "MMS" viaSMS links is my personal biggest frustration I have with Sprint.

Lastly, once new BlackBerry devices are introduced by Sprint, will Sprint allow true incoming MMS for those, since those devices would obviously be 4.5+ and Sprint would be able to tell them apart since those users will be on a different device/model?

Keeping my fingers crossed that Sprint continues to work on this issue....

Journeyman

I am crossing my fingers aswell but I highly doubt this will ever come true for us BB users even on the new BB devices because I have a very deep gut feeling that Sprint Doesn't give a rats butt about this matter and will just ignore us until we either forget about it or just jump ship because we can't wait any longer!

Ya Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I have not updated to 4.5 yet and wont till I feel it necessary. The explanation concerning why MMS is currently configured the way it isseems logical.Unlike thehostile accusationsand unqualified contradictions of the support team which are insanely redundant. I see the same handfull of people whining about this. I would ignore you too.

Journeyman

You see the same people whinning because where the ones who use this service everyday all the time! This is the same service all my co-workers have and use but the only difference is there service actually work!

Journeyman

@natasonad wrote:

I have not updated to 4.5 yet and wont till I feel it necessary. The explanation concerning why MMS is currently configured the way it isseems logical.Unlike thehostile accusationsand unqualified contradictions of the support team which are insanely redundant. I see the same handfull of people whining about this. I would ignore you too.

I quit posting in this thread a while back for other reasons, but I'm really tired of these people that pop out of the woodwork every once in a while and say we are just whining and should accept it the way it is or be ignored.

This is a service that is important to us. It may not be important to you, but that does not mean you have a right to say it's not important to anyone. In fact, it means your opinion of how well this solution works is completely worthless because YOU DON'T USE IT. You are the one who should be ignored. You're like someone in a wheelchair telling runners to stop complaining about their shoes.

How about we apply the same conditions to a service you actually use? You can call people whenever you want, and it works fine. But when receiving a call, you get a text message saying a call is incoming, and then you have to log in to a website to accept the call. All calls are delayed by at least a minute but up to 10, or blocked completely when the website is down.

Would this be acceptable to you? It is the exact same thing to someone who actually uses MMS. It is not all teenagers sending pictures of themselves in a mirror to each other. MMS is used daily and often at my company for buisness purposes and this setup is a major inconvenience for me. So stop telling us that this isn't a big deal and we should shut up about it. That's like saying that just because you live close enough to work to walk everyday that no one should complain about gas prices or insurance or potholes or anything. The fact that is not important to you does not invalidate other people's concerns. Some of us really need this to work right. And we feel that it should work right, because we pay for it, and this is the only cellular provider in the entire country that has it so screwed up.

So please, if you don't use the service, not just this one but any service sprint offers, don't waste your time trolling the threads about that service flaming the people who actually do use it. We have the same right to get things that aren't working properly for us fixed that you do.

Journeyman

@jverity wrote:

@natasonad wrote:

...I'm really tired of these people that pop out of the woodwork every once in a while and say we are just whining and should accept it the way it is or be ignored...So please, if you don't use the service, not just this one but any service sprint offers, don't waste your time trolling the threads about that service flaming the people who actually do use it. We have the same right to get things that aren't working properly for us fixed that you do.

I'm wary of anyone with a very low post count (in this case, 1), who only seem to register an account to defend and/or praise Sprint while bashing those of us who aren't content with what a lot of frustrated Sprint BlackBerry customers consider sub-standard service. (Sub-standard being "picture mail" instead of true MMS.) I've already encountered a situation a few weeks ago where the picture mail server was "down for routine maintenace" and I was unable to view any MMS message sent to me for close to 24 hours

I've already said my piece several times, so there is really no need for me to rehash it once again. The bottom line is - the mod team here are well aware of all of who are a bit disgruntled and have conveyed the message(s) to the Sprint BlackBerry team. The ball is in their court, but I don't expect anything to actually change.

Message Edited by rhoq on 03-30-2009 09:40 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Low post count is irrelevant. My post count is not high but I have been with these boards longer than most of the posters here.I lurk a lot because I feel that there are justified comments in these posts but the ones that are REALLY complaining is getting out of hand. I do not really like the picture mail setup but it works for me since I did not have it before and it was hard to send photos to phones that can't see email accounts. My feeling if those posters who REALLY hate how Sprint is handling the service the provide leave the company and find one that they think will give them better service and product. I don't consider MMS a big issue so I will not drop Sprint for it. I would leave Sprint if they didn't try to make their phones better or give us more options (BB 9800 or 9630??????).

Journeyman

@jverity wrote:

@natasonad wrote:

I quit posting in this thread a while back for other reasons, but I'm really tired of these people that pop out of the woodwork every once in a while and say we are just whining and should accept it the way it is or be ignored.

This is a service that is important to us. It may not be important to you, but that does not mean you have a right to say it's not important to anyone. In fact, it means your opinion of how well this solution works is completely worthless because YOU DON'T USE IT. You are the one who should be ignored. You're like someone in a wheelchair telling runners to stop complaining about their shoes.

How about we apply the same conditions to a service you actually use? You can call people whenever you want, and it works fine. But when receiving a call, you get a text message saying a call is incoming, and then you have to log in to a website to accept the call. All calls are delayed by at least a minute but up to 10, or blocked completely when the website is down.

Would this be acceptable to you? It is the exact same thing to someone who actually uses MMS. It is not all teenagers sending pictures of themselves in a mirror to each other. MMS is used daily and often at my company for buisness purposes and this setup is a major inconvenience for me. So stop telling us that this isn't a big deal and we should shut up about it. That's like saying that just because you live close enough to work to walk everyday that no one should complain about gas prices or insurance or potholes or anything. The fact that is not important to you does not invalidate other people's concerns. Some of us really need this to work right. And we feel that it should work right, because we pay for it, and this is the only cellular provider in the entire country that has it so screwed up.

So please, if you don't use the service, not just this one but any service sprint offers, don't waste your time trolling the threads about that service flaming the people who actually do use it. We have the same right to get things that aren't working properly for us fixed that you do.

OMG when i read this i about had a heart attack i laughed so hard, i loved that part about the potholes, i have one at work and it doesnt bother me cause when i come into the entrance ive learned to avoid it, so it doesnt really bother me to badly, but the customers are ALWAYS complaining about how bad it is, so we have to FIX the problem and fill it when it starts getting bad.

Sprint needs to fill this giant pothole before someone hits it and their tires blow out because it got so out of hand.

Journeyman

OMG if ya'll want MMS, get the Palm Pre when it comes out, it has MMS.

Otherwise, stop crying wolf about leaving Sprint. Cuz if you had left sprint you wouldnt be on here and if ya saying you gonna leave you would have already left. It isnt going to get you any further than where u are now with MMS on BB.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat