cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short in charger cord

Journeyman

Short in charger cord

Purchased a car charger on 11/9/11 at a Sprint store and now it only works if I hold it a certain way - obviously a short in the cord.  Tried to exchange it at the same Sprint store today and they most unhelpful, rude "customer service rep" basically told me he couldn't help because I didn't have a sales receipt with me.  Then he said he didn't think it was one of "theirs' because of some yellow colored logo that was not "yellow".  Well duh, it turns "yellow" when it is plugged into a car!  Question:  My bank statement shows the date and Store # that I purchased this at.  Shouldn't that work to just get a stinking replacement charger?

4 REPLIES

Re: Short in charger cord

I would definitely make a copy of your bank statement where it shows you had purchased the call charger and see if that will work. I cant guarantee the store will accept this but it is worth a try.

Ray

Journeyman

Short in charger cord

Thx.

Highlighted

Re: Short in charger cord

I would think this may fall under the manufacture warranty:

• Manufacturers Warranty
  • Defective accessories returned within 14 day can be a refund or exchange.
  • Defective accessories returned after 14 days through 1 year are an exchange only.
  • SanDisk and Toshiba memory cards offer a 5-year manufacturer's warranty.

Short in charger cord

LFR12, The exchange policy for accessories is 14days so even if you did have a sales receipt they would not be able to exchange it since you exceeded the time frame. Sorry for any fustration this may be causing you.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.