cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish after 4.5 upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sluggish after 4.5 upgrade

Has anyone else noticed that the phone (8330 Curve) seems sluggish after the 4.5 upgrade?

Things like hitting the trackball to get the screen to turn on after it blanks out seems to take a good 2 or 3 seconds where at ver. 4.3 it was immediate.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sluggish after 4.5 upgrade

I have the same issue and memory leaks on certain themes and apps. I am seeing weird things with my SMS lately (really late messages)and I didn't noticed until now a Sprint Software Store icon? I don't remember that being added or having it before the upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My curve seems to be runny much slower. Anyone have a suggestion???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm experiecing the same thing especially the track ball delay when trying to turn the screen back on

Highlighted
Journeyman

I definately noticed an increse in speed on mine. I would bet your issues are isolated unfortunately. I don't know how committed you are to fixing the issue, but I would bet that you will benefit from performing a wipe of the handheld and restoring the OS from scratch. I did not do this, but plenty of people do before upgrading the OS. I usually do this, but got lazy this time.

There's instructions all over the web on how to perform this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not in any way a major problem for me. Definitely not worth the effort to wipe and start all over.

Most functions are very responsive and I'd agree that in some cases it is noticeably faster.

I guess I just got so used to it behaving in a certain way under 4.3 that any tiny minimal change in behavior becomes noticeable.

Overall I'm very happy with the upgrade to 4.5.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can always push the space bar instead of the track ball if you want it to wake up fast like it used to. One other thing I noticed, when I answer a call, it takes longer to connect than it used to. It will sit on the caller ID screen for 3-4 seconds after I press 'answer', where as before, it used to be an immediate connect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did notice that when entering a call. There's been a few time I hit the send button a couple times. I bet that has something to do with the "Speaker Blast"

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat