cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms Error 4 message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sms Error 4 message

I just updated my blackberry curve 8530 yesterday and since then i have been getting a error message with some text messages that i send out. The error message says sms error 4, Message ID 163, Permanent Error. Does anyone know what that means and how to I stop from getting that message?

Thank You,

Megan

10 REPLIES
Master

Re: Sms Error 4 message

Powercycle the phone.If you're sending the text messaging from contact list check if there is 1 added to the phone number or not. Check if you can manually enter the phone number and send the text message. Also, call TechSupp to check if there is any sms provisioning issue/block issue or sms orgination issue.Finally perform completed reset  with techsupp.

Journeyman

thank you

Journeyman

Did this help? I asked about this at a Sprint store and they said they had no idea what was causing the. They suggested wiping my phone and reinstall the OS. That's crazy, if you ask me.

Journeyman

I removed the battery from my phone while it was still on, and then inserted the battery back into the phone. It has been nearly a full day without any problems. Before doing this, approximately 50% of my text messages resulted in "SMS errro 4". So far, so good.

Journeyman

Not having the same error, but my texts come across as BLANK. No sender, no message, nothing. Any clue what could cause it?

Seems after my phone (curve 8330) it'll either work fine for a while or instantly start doing it again.

Journeyman

this is happening to me as i write this and on the phone with sprint as i write this. so far no answer yet.

Journeyman

do the power cycle on the phone that should work...i did that and i havent had the problem since then

Journeyman

do the power cycle on the phone that should work...i did that and i havent had the problem since then

Journeyman

Nope... still broken.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.