Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Version 4.6.1.204 (316) for BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone - Download now available

Wizard

Software Version 4.6.1.204 (316) for BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone - Download now available

The MR2 for the BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone is now available on www.sprint.com/downloads

You can link directly to the page here -

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8350i.shtml

Key performance enhancements and known issue fixes:

• Echo Issue
  • MMS Improvements
    1.) Remove original message when replying*
    2.) Cursor now defaults to the message body when replying
  • Quiet and Vibrate Profiles will move Nextel Direct Connect calls to handset

Customers that have already upgraded to the 4.6.1.128 (225) software version will be able to complete this upgrade over the air. The upgrade will take approximately 60 minutes.

Update 4/3/09 at 9:15PM CST

*The one issue we said would be fixed with MR2 that was not immediately fixed was: Remove Original Message when replying to a text message. This fix requires the download of MR2 and a service book push to your device. Sprint conducted some additional testing on the service book push this week and today sent approval to RIM.

When this fix is available RIM will push it to all devices and it will just require you to reset your device to see the change.

We estimate this push to be out by April 10.

Message Edited by SarahKS on 04-03-2009 09:25 PM

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

OTA update not available yet?

Sprint Product Ambassador

SarahKS wrote:
Customers that have already upgraded to the 4.6.1.128 (225) software version will be able to complete this upgrade over the air. The upgrade will take approximately 60 minutes.

So, yes, it'l available over the air (OTA)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I see it is available for download.

I know it will be available OTA.

My question had a 'yet' in it...meaning do you usually have to wait longer for an OTA update? Because I still cannot get it that way.

Thanks Will / Sarah! 🙂

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yep - sorry, Chilli, I shot my keyboard off before knowing all the facts.

Yes, it *will* be available OTA.

No, it's not currently available OTA.  We've got a direct line to the team that'll flip that switch.  Soon as it's flipped we'll post.

Thanks for the followup!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Well, since RIM announced its release of this upgrade yesterday, many of my Crackberry addicts have downloaded this. To all of our dismay, it appears that all the bugs that were supposed to be fixed were not. In particular, the original message was supposed to be removed when replying in texting. That has been quite an issue for us, along with the echo issue. From what I've read, most of the people STILL have that problem, while it fixed some of theirs. I haven't downloaded this yet as I wanted to see exactly what was going to happen. And now I see. I don't understand why you cannot get these upgrades to the phones like promised. It's too bad because I believe you are about to lose a lot of customers over these issues. I, unfortunately, cannot spring back to Sprint because I have no coverage in my area. Nextel is it. Don't get me wrong.....I love the phone - IF it was working correctly. I just think if you are going to sell a product, it should work 100% - not just some of it. I don't believe we, as consumers, are allowed to pay part of our monthly bill. So why should we expect to not get a properly working phone as promised. Just my two cents. We'll see what happens.

Journeyman

Question...

When I upgraded a few handsets here to the .128 update (using DM), I don't remember needing to re-activate the handsets on our BES. I know I had to now (with the one I did through DM)...is this standard?

Thanks! 🙂

Wizard

I recommend downloading the software from our site, so that I can report back that the build we were given isn't solving the problems.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>SarahKS wrote:<br>I recommend downloading the software from our site, so that I can report back that the build we were given isn't solving the problems.<hr></blockquote><p>I did. Used your link actually. :)</p>

Wizard

Sorry chillyp - i was responding to the post about folks downloading directly from RIM and still reporting problems.

Journeyman

@SarahKS wrote:
Sorry chillyp - i was responding to the post about folks downloading directly from RIM and still reporting problems.

They are the same build numbers. Either someone forgot to turn this fix on or it wasn't there to begin with....

Either way, Rim/Sprint dropped the ball.

Many of us WANT to remain customers... Considering there are STILL bugs with echo and the ovbious problem of having the original message in the reply body, it feels like we bought into a beta, and not a final product. Many people are still reporting delays in messaging and emails as well.

Wizard

I will notify the team.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat