cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint TV changes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint TV changes

Changes are coming to the Sprint TV lineup ,I guess were all fools on April fools day.

Here's how the channel lineup will be changing effective April1:
The Speed Channel, previously available only in Sprint TV Premier, will be available with Basic TV.
MTV Mobile, Tr3s, Comedy Central, Gametrailers, The N, CW Mobile, Logo, VH1, SpikeTV, CMT, Nick, Cartoon Network Mobile and Music Video Channel will no longer be available.
Way to go Sprint ,you dump fox news now just about everything else .I will be uninstalling Sprint TV from my device, Its worthless with no live feeds and wasting valuable memory on my BB

For those that want a real TV app must get service with Alltel ,At&T or Verizon.

I'm completely over garbage can cell service ,Ive been a Sprint customer for almost 4 years

Their payless get more con job is played out , I will be moving to Verizon in June.

Message Edited by Sling on 04-01-2009 05:24 PM

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint TV changes

If this is true, this sucks. I've enjoyed watching Comedy Central. What's going on over at Sprint???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint,

Does this mean our cell phone fee's will also be lowed due to this lack of service?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In Sprints fine print its says "Channels are subject to change at any time without notice."

So I'm thinking heck no ,there will be no cut in rates but they will lose more customers due to there make no sense actions.

Dan Hesse better pray the the iphone kids buy the Pre , if not Sprint will be going out of business fast.

They provide less then any other carrier and have the worst customer service.

Message Edited by Sling on 04-01-2009 06:41 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

they need to change it back. sprint is going to lose more customers with their lack of........

Highlighted
Master

I don't think this is a Sprint specific change. From reading around the internet it looks more like a MobiTV change, which then directly affects SprintTV. Looking at the MobiTV website, the channels that are disappearing aren't listed under any of the major carriers that I can see that use MobiTV as a base for their TV services.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I honestly don't use Sprint TV much, but I like the fact that I know I have it available to me, and I'm able to pass some time using it.I can't really sit there and look at a tiny screen for around 30 minutes or more watching an episode with the kind of feed quality it comes with.

However everytime I turn around it seems like there are less and less channels.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even with these changes to Sprint TV, Sprint still offers the most robust channel lineup in the industry. Our commitment to offering the best channels at the best price has never changed.

It is true that the number of Premier channels slightly decreased, but the total value of Premier + Basic remains constant. Customers love the variety of entertainment on the major networks ABC, NBC and CBS, all available in this package. The pricing is untouched at $7.95 for a Sprint TV Premier add-on service.

We are committed to letting customers enjoy all the great things their phone can do. And remember, Simply Everything Data includes awesome channels at no additional charge plus access to Premier and TV Premier Unlimited Navigation, NFL Mobile, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile.

To be a successful company, Sprint evaluates all products and makes changes to reduce costs. Reducing costs allows Sprint to offer customers our value pricing. And in today's economy, value pricing is more important than ever.

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for contacting MobiTV Customer Support!

Unfortunately the channel selection is ultimately decided by your cellular service provider. If you have further questions about the channel selection you will want to contact Sprint.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions please contact us again. Thank you for subscribing to MobiTV!

Sincerely,
Eric
MobiTV Customer Support
Phone: 1-877-795-5300

Highlighted
Journeyman

Quote Jfinch1

Even with these changes to Sprint TV, Sprint still offers the most robust channel lineup in the industry. Our commitment to offering the best channels at the best price has never changed.

Sprints channel line up is no longer the most robust lineup in industry ,AT&t has twice as many channels then Sprint currently.

Quote Jfinch1

It is true that the number of Premier channels slightly decreased, but the total value of Premier + Basic remains constant. Customers love the variety of entertainment on the major networks ABC, NBC and CBS, all available in this package. The pricing is untouched at $7.95 for a Sprint TV Premier add-on service.

Your company takes 90% of premium live feeds away from basic and now promoting Sprint TV premier hmm that doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Quote Jfinch1

We are committed to letting customers enjoy all the great things their phone can do. And remember, Simply Everything Data includes awesome channels at no additional charge plus access to Premier and TV Premier Unlimited Navigation, NFL Mobile, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile.

Like enjoying true mms?..Sprint BB customers don't get to enjoy such simple technology from your employer.

I pay 99 bucs a month Simply Everything which is great deal till your company takes away what I pay for ,

A couple weeks ago I was able to enjoy fox news on Sprint TV...it got removed form line up..

On April 1 Sprint removes MTV Mobile, Tr3s, Comedy Central, Gametrailers, The N, CW Mobile, Logo, VH1, SpikeTV, CMT, Nick, Cartoon Network Mobile and Music Video Channel.

It appears Simply Everything is becoming Simply less with Sprints competition laughing and your customers losing .

Quote Jfinch1

To be a successful company, Sprint evaluates all products and makes changes to reduce costs. Reducing costs allows Sprint to offer customers our value pricing. And in today's economy, value pricing is more important than ever.

Sprint thinks taking away outstanding product so they can reduce cost is the best businesses move hmm

Jfinch1 ,how would you feel if lets say..your local cable company took away your favorite channels .

Would you say,"That's great I will save money"or would you look for another pay tv provider that carried channels you enjoy?

I'm getting the feeling Sprints looking for bailout money so government can take over...Maybe new name could be sprintUSA

Bottom line,

Sprint business strategy makes no sense what so ever which explains why competition will always eat up their customer base.

I look forward seeing what else they take away to cut cost and give us the best service available.

Message Edited by Sling on 04-07-2009 06:00 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't forget how they improved our "Unlimited Data" by putting a 5 GB cap on it too. That was an awesome feature to improve service and make it truly unlimited.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat