cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint service in Ashville sucks now!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint service in Ashville sucks now!!!

Ok so since Monday I've spent probably a total of 8 hours on the phone with sprint and its starting to get really annoying! I love sprint and I love my phone but this past week sprint just isn't cutting it. I cant receive calls, texts, or voicemail's but I can make calls...and if I want to see if I've gotten any texts I have to call my voicemail and when it connects it will pop up on the screen that I have a message. Also, I cant use my Internet...I have a blackberry, can anyone tell me what a blackberry is good for without Internet? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It's a smart phone, which means any applications I have, my emails, and everything else goes through the Internet! So anyway's, I was on the phone with a sprint guy the other day and he said there was a problem with the Columbus/cleveland main towers switchboard or something like that and they said they were going to get some guys out to fix it, that was yesterday morning and it STILL isn't fixed. How can you possibly expect us to pay for phone service we AREN'T getting? Oh, and the guy I talked to said I had 130 failed calls...meaning people were trying to call me but I couldn't get the call! This is ridiculous!!!! I swear the people I talk to from sprint are just telling me things I want to hear to shut us up! BTW people with Verizon, ATT, and T Mobile aren't having any problems with their service in Ashville!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Sprint service in Ashville sucks now!!!

Vikki,

We live in South Bloomfield and have the EXACT SAME problem.  We have lived over here for 7 years and have been with Sprint for at least 10 years.  Our 3 phones were older so when we called Tech Support, they indicated that a software update had been issued and our phones could not be updated without a complete reset of the phones and losing all saved content and contacts.  As both my wife and I have many work contacts, losing them was not an option.

So, on May 9th, 2010 we went to the Sprint Store in Grove City and bought three brand new phones and started a brand new two year contract.  Believing that the new phones would fix the problem, we left.  When we got home, the problem still existed.

We called Tech Support and the Texas Division said they were going to "Reset our cell tower".  The "reset" was supposted to be completed by the end of the day today, May 10, 2010 and the problem was supposted to be fixed.

When Customer Service called us back tonight, and we told them we still had a problem, they asked if we had a broadband internet connection.  They then mentioned something about the "AIRAVE" system and told us they would re-open our service ticket adn someone would call us tomorrow (May 11, 2010).  I looked at the AIRAVE system and it appeart to work like a minature cell tower attached to the internet throught the high speed connection.  Sounds ok, until you look at the price:  $99.99 for the box + additional monthly charge based on the number of phones that will use it.  In our case another $20.00 a month.  That is not going to happen.

If you hear anything new, please send me an email.  My address is timothym.quinn at gmail dot com , or reply to this thread.  I will post anyhing new I hear to this to let you know what we hear.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat