cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint, some information on 4.5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, some information on 4.5?

I'm tired of tacking 5 other threads. If you are new to these forums and don't know the long history of this, read these:

(links open in new window)

MMS application for BlackBerry

Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Response from the BlackBerry team regarding availability of 4.5

When will Sprint start seriously supporting the Blackberry users???

Updated info on 4.5 from Blackberry team at Sprint

Also, this thread is locked, but significant:

SPRINT , BLACKBERRY CUSTOMERS NEED YOUR SUPPORT

It's important to note that Sprint gave what they consider an "update" after the deadline had already past, but felt like they deserved some points for trying. A day late and a dollar short as the saying goes...

And what was that update? Check that "Updated info on 4.5" link.Summarized without exageration orspin: We are working out bugs that we can't tell you about because of legal issues. Not everyone would be affected but for the people who would be it will be significant. It will be out for the Pearl and Curve at first, and the 8830 and 8703e later, and will include MMS.

They spread outbarely overtwo lines ofstuff in to a post and called it an update. Only the last 21 words that I wrote were new info, and they even stretched that a bit more, like a student using a big font and double spacing to make his paper the right length.

SoSprint, look at it from our point of view.Lets say you can buy cable service from CableA, CableB CableC. You go with CableC because they are the cheapest. Everyone on all three companies gets the sameMotorola DVR box, but CableC'srelease of it is a firmware levelback soit won't recordand it's menu guide is missing some good features. Now CableC initially denies that lack of recording is that big an issue because you can work around it with a VCR. And then tells you, repeatedly, for months after CableA and CableBboth implement every feature the box is capable of, that they will get you an update, but they don't know when.

When you call, angry that you missed all your shows because you cant record and had to work late, would you consider "We still don't know when, but we are working bugs out of the firmware. It will definately work on your box and include recording capability." to be an update? No. Without telling us why we aren't getting it now even though much smaller companies have been able to implement it, why your programmers seem to be so slow, (or maybe they are great and fast but you have just understaffed that department compared to other companies?) what is wrong and WHEN it will be fixed, it is no update. A hint at a feature (that isn't even fully explained, because we really don't know if you mean MMS or Pic Mail and they are different things!)

So Sprint. Dan? Maybe you think this isn't that big a deal and we are blowing this out of proportion. I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't have a comercial right now that specifically talks about all the things phones can do. So if you acknowledge that the features we want are important, then it is a big deal to be three months behind Verizon and even they were a bit slow compared to some other carriers.

Could you please tell us what is wrong and when we can expect it to be fixed, and for a few of us who need one or two of these features bad enough to make us jump ship this month while we can use your pricing increase to do it for free, maybe we can beta test it, at our risk,for you. We are obviously capable of providing feedback and bug reports since we post here every day.

And could you lock those other threads to reduce my eye strain and carpal tunnel?

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Journeyman

<p>Hey, since we can't get any info from the mods, or the actual sprint employees, how about the sprint board of directors?</p><p></p><p>Not the <a href="mailto:dan@sprint.com" target="_blank">dan@sprint.com</a> auto responder, how about Dan's real email?</p><p></p><p><a href="mailto:Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com" target="_blank">Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com</a> - Dan Hesse - President and CEO<br><a href="mailto:Robert.H.Brust@Sprint.com" target="_blank">Robert.H.Brust@sprint.com</a> - Robert Brust - Chief Financial Officer<br><a href="mailto:Keith.Cowan@sprint.com" target="_blank">Keith.Cowan@sprint.com</a> - Keith Cowan - President, Strategic Planning and Corporate Initiatives<br><a href="mailto:Paget.L.Alves@sprint.com" target="_blank">Paget.L.Alves@sprint.com</a> - Paget Alves - President of Sales and Distribution<br><a href="mailto:John.A.Garcia@sprint.com" target="_blank">John.A.Garcia@sprint.com</a> - John Garcia - Acting Chief Marketing Officer<br><a href="mailto:Chris.A.Hill@sprint.com" target="_blank">Chris.A.Hill@sprint.com</a> - Chris Hill - Vice President, Corporate Governance and Ethics, Corporate Secretary<br><a href="mailto:Len.Kennedy@sprint.com" target="_blank">Len.Kennedy@sprint.com</a> Len Kennedy - General Counsel<br><a href="mailto:Bob.johnson@sprint.com" target="_blank">Bob.johnson@sprint.com</a> - Bob Johnson - Chief Service Officer<br><a href="mailto:Richard.T.C.LeFave@sprint.com" target="_blank">Richard.T.C.LeFave@sprint.com</a> - Richard LaFave - Chief Information Officer<br><a href="mailto:Sandra.J.Price@sprint.com" target="_blank">Sandra.J.Price@sprint.com</a> - Sandra Price - Senior Vice President of Human Resources<br><a href="mailto:Kathryn.Walker@sprint.com" target="_blank">Kathryn.Walker@sprint.com</a> - Kathryn Walker - Chief Network Officers<br><a href="mailto:barry.west@sprint.com" target="_blank">barry.west@sprint.com</a> - Barry West - Chief Technology Officer<br><a href="mailto:bill.white@sprint.com" target="_blank">bill.white@sprint.com</a> - Bill White - Senior Vice President of Corporate COmmunications</p><p></p><p>Anyonethink one of them might be a little more forthcoming? Or maybe they really don't know what's going on and they can put a boot in the proper place on the proper people.</p>

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sad to say, but you can email them all you want... most have a secretary who will filter their emails. they wont read 90% of them most likely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the addresses! I wrote to them.

We'll see what happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm changing carriers soon ,JB gives better customer service then Sprint.

http://www.jitterbug.com/Phones/

Highlighted
Journeyman

<p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Jverity,</font></span></span></p><p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"></font></span></span></p><p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">After using those addresses, I received multiple bounces for:</font></span></span><span class="UserName"><span><font face="Arial"><a href="mailto:Paget.L.Alves@sprint.com" target="_blank">Paget.L.Alves@sprint.com</a>, <a href="mailto:Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com" target="_blank">Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com</a>, <a href="mailto:Richard.T.C.LeFave@sprint.com" target="_blank">Richard.T.C.LeFave@sprint.com</a>, <a href="mailto:Chris.A.Hill@sprint.com" target="_blank">Chris.A.Hill@sprint.com</a><br>because:550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found</font></span></span></p><p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="Arial"></font></span></span></p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="Arial">Looks like they'd rather not hear from us. Hehehe.</font></span></span><span class="UserName"><span><font face="Arial"><p></p></font></span></span><p><span class="UserName"><span><font face="Arial"></font></span></span></p>

Highlighted
Journeyman

4.5 is out in other CDMA carriers... you can D/L it from them and delete the vender specific .xml

This is where I found it (Sorry to plug another forum...but anything to get past Sprints terrible customer support and service).

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/08/os-45-for-blackberry-8330-and-blackberry-8130-now-available/

When I called sprints customer service... after them lying for 4 months about whenthe 8130was coming out with support for MMS (which I was told it could do to begin with, and it can....on other carriers) I was finallytold by one of their staff that the 8130 will never have service books issued to do MMS. It will begin with the"Bold" and go on from there, prior BB's were not going to get service books. I'm switching to AT&T in March... until then I moved to the cheapest plan I could and am biding my time.

I now make it a habit to stop in at every Sprint booth at the malls when I go and harass the sales team there about it in front of potential customers... what I lost in function... I will make them lose in new sales. It's sad when a company doesn't care about their current customer base and has to lie to grow new customers to replace the ones that are forced to bail on them.

All I asked for was to get out of my BB so that I could have the functionality I need for my business... I was actually told that they wouldn't (Not couldn't ) help me.

GOOD JOB SPRINT!!!! Keep it up and you'll be fine.. IE: Someone will buy you out and fix you.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat