Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Indicator on Screen 8350i

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Strange Indicator on Screen 8350i

I've recently encountered a new indicator showing on the main screen of my 8350i (Nextel) Blackberry Curve. I've looked through the user manual and I just can't find it anywhere. I looks like an image of a Blackberry phone showing the front looking at the screen and with a Direct Connect button on the left side. It has three curves on the upper right hand side which seem to indicate sending data ))). It has a red diagonal line through it .

I can make it disappear by removing the battery and re-booting the Curve but it comes back eventually.

I've attached a picture of it. Does anyone have any idea of what it means?

Message was edited by: Logmeonto

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Strange Indicator on Screen 8350i

If I remember correctly that is the Direct Connect Speakerphone Off icon. So if someone DCs you it will come over the regular handset speaker instead of the speakerphone.

Journeyman

Thanks, halcyoncmdr.

You are 100% correct.

I turned the direct connect speakerphone back on and the indicator disappeared from my screen.

Journeyman

I finally figured out how this gets turned off and on.

Whenever I connect the 8350i via Bluetooth to my Garmin C580, the indicator shows up on my phone's main screen. When I disconnect from the Garmin, the indicator disappears.

At one point, I must have disconnect from the Garmin and for some reason, the indicator remained on my 8350i.

Message was edited by: Logmeonto

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat