cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting while on the phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texting while on the phone

I have a BlackBerry curve and I was just wondering why I can't text text while i'm talking on the phone?

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Texting while on the phone

On the Blackberry Curve, while on the call if you use the return button, you will then be asked if you would like to continue to the Home Screen. If you choose the OK option, this will take you back to the Home Screen. From here you will choose the SMS option to send a Text Message.

Hope this helps!!

Message was edited by: cmitchell

Journeyman

Hi!!!  Your phone does have the option to text while on a phone call.  While on a call you should be able to press the Menu option and choose Messages. This will bring up the text messages. Which should allow you to compose and send a message.

Journeyman

I have NEVER been able to send a text message while on the phone.

The option is there, yes, but it never goes through for me.  I can get incoming text messages while on the phone though.  I believe this has something to do with either the CDMA network or the phone not being Rev A, but I have never investigated the issue.  I have a friend with a Mogul and he will be talking to me via bluetooth on his phone and sending text messages to other people but I have never been able to do it on my Curve.

Journeyman

I have the same issue Montana.  1 out of every 10 times I try to send a message it actually goes from the "sending circle" to the "check mark".  Even after I get off the phone it won't send sometimes.  Does anyone at Sprint have anything to say about this?

Journeyman

I say NEVER and I emphasize NEVER gotten an outgoing text to work while on the phone.  I can get them, and when I hang up the phone I see I have text messages, but NEVER have I been able to send one.  I get the red X and have to resend it after I get off the phone.

I thought I heard someone mention it is either due to being a CDMA phone, or not being Rev. A or whatever, but my Curve has never been able to send an SMS when on the phone.  As I said in the other post, the option is most certainly there, but it has never worked for me.

Journeyman

I'm currently having the same problem did you ever get it fixed?

Journeyman

I have the same problem. I called and asked about it and they told me to go in store and have it looked at. When I went to a Sprint store they couldn't figure it out and suggest I get a new blackberry even though I just got mine and its a new model. Hmmmm....

Journeyman

Been a while on this and looks like there isn't a solution.

I really believe it has something to do with the network, if you notice now how the AT&T commercials all talk about how they let you talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time but you can't on Veriozon.

I know my friend with that Mogul always could text while on the phone, and I can on my Pre as well, but never was able to in the year+ that I had my Curve.

Journeyman

Hello everyone..I'm no expert BUT (haha) I would say it's the network.. I love my Sprint and I've now been on every major carrier over the last 11 years, only on ATT have I been able to speak and recieve or send data at the same time. Sucks when you get a call and you are navigating (navigation loses connection), or are on the phone and get a picture from a pretty girl (" Did you get my pic?? ..huh, no "). I love where Sprint is going so I'm ok with it, I just hope with 4G this issue is resolved.. BTW T-Mobile is GSM and they don't do it either..

Journeyman

I've always had this happen to me on all blackberries I've ever had, Pearl, Curve, 8830, Tour, even on my Hero.

Not sure why but it's a hit or miss sometimes. I won't make a blanket statement such as "I've never been able to" because I have, but it is a hit or miss situation. Seems like the longer you're in on the call, it will not let you do it. On the initial phone call, it usually does for me.

Also on berries, I think you can text if you're on 1xev (not 1XEV during the phone call), but when it hits 1x, you cannot text. Just a observation.. someone check it out? I don't have a berry anymore until the Tour 2 comes.

Journeyman

I have a BB Curve 8330. I have never been able to send a text while on a call. I have had Sprint service for 3 years now, and before upgrading to the BB Curve, I had a Moto Q. With the Q I was able to text and talk at the same time. I have been told by Sprint Cust Serv, that the limitation is due to the BB service on their network. The Sprint network does allow for calling and texting at the same time, but if you have a BB phone, you will not be able to do so.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat