cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of upgrade to Tour

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thinking of upgrade to Tour

I have used Treo with Windows Mobile for the last 2.5 years. First the 700wx and now the 800w. I'm thinking of upgrade to the Tour.

My question is? I have an old, old plan from 2007 where I had minutes on a shared plan, unlimited texting and an add on Phone as Modem plan that included unlimited (not 5GB but actual unlimited) internet on both the phone itself and when tethering.

I am planning to upgrade at Best Buy. Can I keep the current pricing I have that keep the Phone as Modem plan?

Let me know.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Thinking of upgrade to Tour

you may be able to keep the same plan, except for the data.  A BlackBerry requires either a $30.00 BlackBerry Data Package or one of our Everything Data plans that we offer. 

I have heard that some users are able to still tether with the $30.00 BlackBerry Data Package, but is a risk you must take on your own (ie: whether it will work or not and whether you will be billed correctly or incorrectly by our systems). 

I hope this helps

Journeyman

Thank you for your response. I also read about something called Tetherberry- is that an option?

My other question is about the Blackberry Data package. Is that 30$ plan for the 5GB or Unlimited?

Last question, does the Everything Data plan eligible for a Corporate 22% (Employee Discount), because I read the Simply Everything does not?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was told over the phone by a sprint employee that you can get 3rd party software to make Tethering work and as long as you are on the everything plans with Data you will not be charged.  I was told that Sprint just will not allow it to work any longer with the sprint program we all downloaded from the sprint website that allowed us to tether our phones.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat