cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticking Off Customers

Journeyman

Ticking Off Customers

Why would Sprint not carry Blackberry devices??? Why can they not release the updates??? Is Sprint trying to force adults away from Sprint??? It seems so or either they don't care about their customers wants and needs. Blackberry is by far the best phone on the market, so what's the deal???

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Ticking Off Customers

I know the feeling highhiker. I'm up for an upgrade,so if no Blackberrys, no upgrade for me as I can't stand iphones or androids. I want the BlackBerry Classic if nothing else and as far as I'm concerned, Verizon already has a CDMA version of the Classic. Unless you want to go to a GSM AT&T BlackBerry. But after hearing what they did to their grandfathered unlimited customers by throttling their data speeds to bare minimum pretty much forcing them to a different plan. AT&T isn't an option at all in my opinion.

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer since Dec-31-1999 based upon a promotion tie in w/ Northwest Airlines.

When Sprint works it is fine.

If you have a customer service issue to resolve, Sprint is miserable.

Journeyman

That's why the [inappropriate word removed] in charge keep sending offers for "upgrade" from my Q10 to a [inappropriate word removed] kids' iPhone!   Or, where is the Passport?   Or, what are plans to carry newer Blackberry keyboard phones in 2015???   Keeping quiet and telling us to keep reading their news page at Sprint.com IS NOT AN APPROPRIATE ANSWER.   If their strategy is to simply not carry Blackberry anymore, and help put them out of business, JUST SAY WHAT IS BECOMING OBVIOUS.   Aren't their zillions of Sprint customers running the old Blackberry devices?

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

Well either their employees are ill-informed or they are done with BlackBerry.

Journeyman

I have been a loyal Sprint customer since the early '90's and a loyal Blackberry user. I have avoided my upgrades simply because Sprint chooses to NOT carry Blackberry anymore. Currently looking for other options outside of Sprint.

Journeyman

Sprint indicated to me a while back that they are open to allowing any phone which is compatible to their CDMA bands to be registered on the Sprint network.  The problem is that neither Sprint nor Blackberry appear to be interested or willing to tweek the Classic such that it is (fully) compatible with Sprint's brand of CDMA.  Apparently Verizon was willing to do so for their loyal BB customers.  It's all about Dollars & Cents with Sprint and very little about customers wishes.

Journeyman

The silence by Sprint on this thread speaks volumes.

Journeyman

Yes it does.

Journeyman

Well, well.  Got a call from Sprint, a personal call. Surprised the heck out of me.  I guess they do monitor these posts.  Anyway, young lady was very gracious, and explained reason for Sprint lack of latest BB phones is the falloff of the BB brand in the market place.  BB phones did not keep up with the whiz bang (my words) features that the market was finding in Galaxy and Iphones.  Basically, Sprint chose to sell and carry phones which were selling well (IOS/Android).  Nevertheless, she assured me that Sprint continues to monitor the devices released by Blackberry as they do any handset released by any manufacturer and if the phone has features and a good potential for success, they will opt to customize it and carry it.  She also did some digging and consulting with tech support and although they themselves had not tested this, their assessment is that the only currently released CDMA Classic on the market should work for voice features.  However, some other features (she would not say which) may not work on the Sprint network.  She also did not rule out that Sprint will at some point carry their version of the Blackberry Classic, Leap or any other currently released BB phone.  They are aware of the rumored secure Android phone by BB (see crackberry.com) and are hoping that it has enough of compelling (read "cool for the mass market") features, that they feel decide to carry it.  She encouraged me to hold on until the Fall when the new stuff generally comes out and see what Sprint comes out with.  She assured me that Sprint appreciates their long term customers and is listening.

My take is (and has always been) that Sprint's current financial condition forces the company to be very judicious in where they invest their money.  They are not going to take on hardware that they don't think they can move.  Notice the lack of Windows phones on Sprint.  Their current focus is on increasing their subscriber base (Cut Your Bill In Half).  I personally believe that until Sprint gets back to growing the business and on better financial footing, some of us BB die-hards may either have to go some where else, or move to a different platform if we opt to stay with Sprint.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat