cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tour OS 5.0

Highlighted
Patron

Tour OS 5.0

So i read on Crackberry.com that OS5.0 has been released to the carriers for approval and that it is ultimatlely up to the carriers for release to the BB users.  Just yesterday 5.0 was releaed for the Curve 8900 series on the GSM network.  When is Sprint shooting for as a release date for OS5.0 for the Tour 9630?  It is speculated that it will not be released until the Tour2 is released.

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: Tour OS 5.0

The current rumor is that the BlackBerry 9650 (a/k/a "Essex"/Tour2) will launch on February 3, 2010 and the official OS5 will be released a few days prior to that. In the mean-time, the recently leaked OS 5.0.0.419 is pretty good and probably close to what the official release will be in terms of speed, stability and features.

Journeyman

I have searched the internet inside and out to get a release date for the 9650  , Where did you find the Feb 3rd date ?  I hope this date is accurate .

Sprint Product Ambassador

I work in the retail division and I have not heard anything about a new Tour coming out anytime soon (not saying that Sprint hasn't done it in the past), but just wanted to throw that out there.  I haven't even heard anyone speak of the "Tour 2" or "Essex" as listed on CrackBerry. 

Regarding OS 5.0, I am waiting for 5.0 to release ASAP!!!!  I know it is awaiting carrier approval and testing, I haven't heard anything on my side about it and I have asked a few people and I have forwarded it up as far as I can to get it released it soon....so I got my fingers crossed!!  I like the look and feel of OS 5.0 on the Curve 8530, so I would imagine on the Tour it would be pretty sick, especially with the stellar resolution on the Tour compared to the 8530!

Journeyman

Good luck on this one.

I do own a Tour so I too am awaiting the 5.0 but if it is delayed anything like the 4.5 was for the Curve then don't hold your breath.

Journeyman

Im using the new Curve that I just got this past Sunday and I was hoping that the new Tour would be out within my 30 day

return period so that I can exchange this one . If i get closer to the date and I do not see a New Tour I will just return the Curve

and call Customer service for my upgrade back . Sprint is Slow at getting new phones . Not sure what the hold up is .

Im waiting PATIENTLY.

Journeyman

Why wait for the official OS 5.0 to be released when have so many good leaks out there,leaked OS 5.0.419 is pretty dam good and stable my Tour is runing better than ever,can't wait for the Tour 2 to come out.

Hurry up Sprint with the new OS v5.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: autobrokerdave

Journeyman

the tour2 is already out, just call and ask for them.  We just ordered 2.

Journeyman

Just got off the phone with sprint and they CSR said  that the tour 9650 was not yet available. He also suggested that you may receive the 9630. Please let us know if you do actually receive a 9650 blackberry.

Journeyman

Where did you order them at , I have called several times to Sprint and they basically denied the phone .

Please let me know . Thanks AQ

Journeyman

where are you from?  you have to contact "the customer center"  there are multiple offices around the states.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat