cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tour Reception Issue

Highlighted
Patron

Tour Reception Issue

Does anyone have issues with their reception on the 9630 tour? I had a curve prior to this and never had reception issues at home. Since I upgraded, I've had nothing but dropped calls, at my home. I upgraded a few months ago but the reception issue didn't really upset me until last week when I was on several important calls and got dropped calles every so many minutes. I practically had to walk down the street to talk without issues. I just don't understand why I had no issues with my curve but the Tour is just absolutely useless at home. The data reception is another story. I looked at the coverage maps and it seems like my home is right on the border of the coverage area. I know there is a device out there called the airave thats suppose to improve reception however reception shouldn't be an issue in the first place and why do I have to spend an extra $100 + $5/month for reception in my home.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Tour Reception Issue

Unfortunately my response is not an answer but more questions along the same line... I also have reception issues but it isn't just home but also on the road... I have "roam like home" but for some reason the phone (software) doesn't pick up local towers in time to keep from dropping the call. I use my phone extensively in my business and it is really frustrating/embarrassing to be dropped in the middle of a business/conference call. I was an avid TREO user but when software ver 1.07 came out it frustrated me enough to change phones but I have had more dropped calls in the few months I have owned the 9630 tour than in the 4 years I owned TREOs. I have repeadly been on line with Sprint and have had numerous soft/hard resets and software uploads/upgrades without effect. There are other software issues but a resolution to the reception issue is more important at this time.

Anyone have any ideas???

Journeyman

Although I don't have the Tour, I do have the BB and the reception sucks!  Dropped calls, no reception, etc.  If I get 1 bar while in my apartment, I am lucky, but for only a couple of minutes and then the call drops off.  I was told the same thing, get the booster for $5/month.  I told them to keep it.  Funny thing is that I live right across from the tower but someone told me that their microwave was not high enough on the tower to have interference free reception.  Ready to switch!  Will not pay extra $$ for an add-on that might or might not help.

It is not just in my area, when I roam, I often loose calls too.

Maybe it is time for Sprint to update their towers!

Journeyman

I have had the tour since september '09 and hav had reception issues th entire time.  I got no reception at home from the start, but at the time I didnt realize the issue was the phone and not spint coverage.  If you bitch enough they will give an airave for $3.00 and wave the monthly fee.  That is the only reason I am still with sprint and this phone, both of which I will leave a soon as my contract allows.

Journeyman

Oh my. I have had my Tour since Nov 09 and I thought it was just something wrong with the reception in my work place. However, when I'm at home calls would drop. I brought my daughter the Curve and she doesn't have that issue. So while I don't have an answer, I have the same complaint. It is a shame too because I love my Blackberry Tour.

Journeyman

Out of all the phones, I have had with sprint, the tour has been the worst reception I have. I do not understand it at all.  Drop calls. its bad. You can not be at home and talk the the way you should. I hate it. You would think the reception would be excellent and clear. I think they should really do something about this. All this upgrading they are doing to make things better should improve the reception.

Journeyman

I cannot agree more. I am totally frustrated!!!! I've had smart phones for years...the last being the Treo755p. I never had problems with reception or dropped calls after I added free roaming. When my Treo locked up and I couldn't wait for Sprint to send me a replacement phone, the sales agent convinced me that I would love the BB Tour. He was correct. I love almost everything except... I spend hours on the phone every day for my business. I have dropped calls and poor reception. It is so unprofessional!!!!!! I really am ready to chuck this phone. My tour has been replaced twice now and it is NOT just one bad phone. The TOUR SUCKS when it comes to reception!!!! I need help because I cannot conduct my business this way!!!

Journeyman

I can not agree more.. I have and instinct before and there was no reception problem but this tour is starting to upset me and i have had mine for sometime now.  I guess its when ur on the really important calls that the frustration sets in

Journeyman

I have not had any reception issues but i have problems with getting my picture mail and getting them to work if they have any type of animation. has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution.

Journeyman

Like many other's on this post I don't have a answer, however, I do have the same issue. I upgraded to the tour and I cannot use my phone at my home unless I'm standing in the window on my patio. I also have many dropped calls during the day while out. I thought something was wrong with my device but I see there is a issue with BB Tour but more importantly there is a problem with Sprint. I will be leaving Sprint very soon, I really don't have much patience with them as well as there customer service which is horrible. So Sprint please get it together!

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I "upgraded" my 8330 to the tour. The reception in our home was fair before but now I get dropped calls and callers complain about my voice breaking up and just hearing every other word. I run my business out of the home and am getting extremely frustrated. Sprint "gave" me an Airave. It helps, but is constantly going bleep as I float in and out of its range. I have tried my wifes s30 and my sons Samsung Moment and get good reception without the Airave hooked up. I love my tour, but something has got to give here. Does anyone know if the new 9650 is any better as far as reception. ?? Maybe we can get Apple to add a metal strip around the Tour to make it work!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat