cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Phones

Unlocked Phones

I am looking to upgrade my phone before I'm eligible to next January and was on Amazon.com looking at some unlocked cell phones. I currently have a Blackberry Curve 9330 and was wondering if I would be able to get an HTC Evo and easily activate/transfer to the new phone.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Unlocked Phones

"Unlocked" generally refers to international devices or GSM phones with SIM cards. The Evo is only available for Sprint and as long as the ESN (serial number) on the device is clear (not lost/stolen/fraudulent/activated on another account or on cancelled account with delinquent balance) we can attempt to activate it for you.

Unlocked Phones

I will contact the seller and double check to make sure the device is clear. My next question is about the 4g, I looked on the sprint site and entered my zip code, I live in Green Bay WI and it pretty much looked like there wasnt any 4g coverage. Will I still be able to get onto the internet like with my Blackberry just that it wont be at the faster 4g speed?

Highlighted
Wizard

Unlocked Phones

That is correct. In Green Bay you will have 3G data coverage. If you use your Evo while traveling to a 4G coverage area you may take advantage of those data speeds. In the location you provided though 3G is the only available coverage.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat