Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread message icon

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unread message icon

I have an icon on the top of the screen on my Blackberry Curve that indicates that I have a new unread message. Also on my home screen it says, in the messages line, that I have 1 unread message. However when I go into the messages screen there are not unread messages. Supposedly it is an unread AOL email but even when I go into the AOL email folder there is nothing there. Is there a way that I can clear that out? Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unread message icon

i keep getting the same thing and sometimes a soft reboot fixes it other times i have to do a battery pull??? only happnes since i upgraded to 4.5

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

It happens to me from time to time. What I do is go to the top of e-mail (highlight the heading with today's or the most recent date, at the very top) and then press BlackBerry > Mark Prior Open

If you are running OS 4.5, I've noticed that the problem may be with downloading images in your e-mail. If you exit from the e-mail before they are fully downloaded, they get marked as unread again.

Message Edited by rhoq on 02-10-2009 11:26 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually tried that first and it didn't work. I also tried to delete all prior emails as well. Neither of those worked. Any other advise?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i keep getting the same thing and sometimes a soft reboot fixes it other times i have to do a battery pull??? only happnes since i upgraded to 4.5

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pulling the battery cleared the error. Thank you for you help. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Funny - it happened to me last night night and my usual method of "Mark Prior Open" didn't work and I eneded up doing a a soft reboot, too. What I can tell you is "Mark Prior Open" defintiely did the trick in OS v4.5.0.119

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this happen a couple of time since upgrading to 4.5 on my 8330. Hey Sarah from Sprint, can you inform the blackberry tech that this looks like a bug?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat