cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Update on 4.5 code upgrade

I would hope they incorportate MMS into the new software as well. When I was on the nextel network with the 7100i, I had MMS, got the curve and went to sprint network, no MMS, only SMS. However, had I been told this, I would have considered Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T wireless, all of whom offer the same phone and MMS.

I mean, really, how can a company that pushes all these nice camera phones not support MMS? Just seems like a bad business decision from some of the higher-ups.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, Verizon released 4.5 on Halloween... so here we are, waiting for some kind of answers and left wondering.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The strongest voice we have is the collective "give it to us" shout to sprint.

I am mailing and replying to anyone I can find associated with sprint togive us the update or stop or stop jerking us around.

Posting our frustrations *TO* sprint and not to each other is way to make some progress, or at lest let sprint know this is important to their users.

Highlighted

@qtrinch wrote:
Well, Verizon released 4.5 on Halloween... so here we are, waiting for some kind of answers and left wondering.

If you notice, they also have the 4.6 OS as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

@offroadn_redneck wrote:

@qtrinch wrote:

If you notice, they also have the 4.6 OS as well

Highlighted

Highlighted
Journeyman

the 8350 is supposed to have os 4.6 whenever it comes out... at least since its nextel, it'll have MMS. must be nice.

Highlighted

What I find funny about the MMS issue, is that the Blackberry OS already has MMS built into it. All Sprint has to do is unblock it in their service books. Not a really hard fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You wouldnt think it would be hard... but i depends... it depends on if Sprint has the servers that are needed to send the MMS messages, or as other people have said its in the routing where sprint has troubles... either way, none of us know the real reason... what I don't understand, is how Nextel can have MMS and they cant just route Sprints Blackberry MMS over through the nextel side... since its all one company, how would it be that hard to set that up? maybe a bit to it, but it still seems the most logical and most likely the easy way to do it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are we talking about MMS here? Sprint started a thread for MMS support coming, this is about the 4.5 code upgrade. That which I am still waiting on, Verizon's got it now, where are ya with it Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Sarah! Been 3 weeks. How bout an update?

Highlighted
Wizard

I asked, and while there isn't anything I can report today, I will hopefully have some news next week.

I will set a reminder to send that group another note next Wednesday or so.  Please keep me honest though and remind me if you don't hear anything by 11/13.

Thanks all.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat