cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Journeyman

Re: Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Thanks Sarah Smiley Happy

We do appreciate it. We'll follow up with ya.

Highlighted
Patron

I am a Sprint employee and also a Blackberry 8330 user. I have a beta version of the 4.5 OS but I still amanxiouslywaiting for the official release. Some of you need to realize that Sprint is in rough times right now and is trying their hardest to make every customer experience the best possible. They may be taking alittle longer with the release so they can make sure most issues will be fixed before release so they can limit the number of calls their customers would need to make to customer service. This is not Sprint just taking their time. It is them trying to get the software right. I would hope that most of you would appreciate one version instead of multiple releases of the OS to fix issues. Just be patient.

Journeyman

04Taco,

While I appreciate your defense of your employer and understand their desire to furnish us with a bug-free build, please do not implore us to be patient because Sprint is having such a hard time now. Remember that we are paying customers not phone enthusiasts waiting for a volunteer to produce a home-brew build. We are simply requesting the build that all other Curve users from all other wireless providers already have. Sprint is in such "hard times" BECAUSE of slow response times like this. I personally already have 4.5 on my device so the "official" Sprint release means little to me. But don't lecture to those of us that visit these boards looking fo rthe latest information. Thanks.

Journeyman

Hello...here is a link to upgrade your software to the 4.5 from Blackberry.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_upgrade

If your BlackBerry smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or BlackBerry® Professional Software, please contact your IT administrator to find out whether your organization supports BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.

Hope that helps..

Journeyman

Thanks BF05. Of course, we are all waiting for the official Sprint 4.5 release. That is not available yet.

Journeyman

@pjkingphd wrote:

04Taco,

While I appreciate your defense of your employer and understand their desire to furnish us with a bug-free build, please do not implore us to be patient because Sprint is having such a hard time now. Remember that we are paying customers not phone enthusiasts waiting for a volunteer to produce a home-brew build. We are simply requesting the build that all other Curve users from all other wireless providers already have. Sprint is in such "hard times" BECAUSE of slow response times like this. I personally already have 4.5 on my device so the "official" Sprint release means little to me. But don't lecture to those of us that visit these boards looking fo rthe latest information. Thanks.

My sentiments exactly. While I do appreciate folks like SarahKS coming on and posting updates as to where they are at with it, still, every competitor to Sprint has their OS updates out far sooner. I don't care why how or what is keeping Sprint held up. The company has capital, the board of destructors won't make the changes they have to and that's why Sprint's in this mess. Dan Hesse should be fired because of stuff like this, he needs to spend the money to get the people to get this stuff out quicker.
When I look at the different carriers that the 4.5 update is available for it's just stunning. In fact even Virgin Mobile has their 4.5 OS update out for their Pearl users, and they piggyback on Sprint as an MVNO. Large and small, tons of companies have got theirs out. Sprint's falling in like dead-last.
Lemme also point something else out, everything good about Sprint is in SPITE of their leadership, not because of.

Journeyman

You guys should upgrade to 4.5.0.97. Sprint radio works fine. Everything works great.

Journeyman

@Babyface05 wrote:

Hello...here is a link to upgrade your software to the 4.5 from Blackberry.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_upgrade

If your BlackBerry smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software, please contact your IT administrator to find out whether your organization supports BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.

Hope that helps..

And this shows how uninformed Sprint employees are. So what happens when customers start downloading this and find out that the Sprint Radio no longer works?Because that's exactly what will happen. No wonder why Sprint Customer service is so poor.

So, for anyone that is unsure, this is not an official Sprint update (I know, it's weird that I know this and I don't even work for Sprint). This may work, but I know for sure that Sprint Radio doesn't work. . .. . . there are probably other things that will also not work.

Message Edited by chadaccount on 11-10-2008 07:33 PM

Chadaccount is exactly right. That update is unofficial and I have proof because I have that version on my Curve. The only thing that doesnt work is Sprint Radio. Sprint TV works, its just that the radio folders diplay an error when opened. I find it a very nice OS. But you have to give up the radio. I am not too partial to Sprint Radio. One because I hace an 8Gb card in my phone, and two, becuase (IMO) the rock playlist sucks. So deside for yourself. Official 4.3 with radio, or Unofficial 4.5 without radio.

Journeyman

@pjkingphd wrote:
You guys should upgrade to 4.5.0.97. Sprint radio works fine. Everything works great.

The problem is that it's hit or miss depending on your device. Pearls will run Sprint Radio just fine on most of the 4.5's I've tried, but not Curves. Then in some point releases, it's vice versa.

Journeyman

Actually the update for 4.5 is posted by Blackberry and not Sprint. I am curious why Blackberry release the update and encourages users to download except if you are using Blackberry enterprise server customer's and blackberry professional customers.

If you do not meet the 2 above classes listed above Blackberry states that it is OK to download the 4.5 software if you have

BlackBerry Curve 8300 Series Smartphones Feature BlackBerry Curve 8300 smartphone BlackBerry Curve 8310 smartphone BlackBerry Curve 8320 smartphone BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone

So I am curious why Blackberry does a PIN check for Enterprise and Professional customers, but allows all customer's to download the updated software. Since I am an Enterprise customer it does state that 4.5 is currently not available for my device from my provider after I do the PIN check.

If Blackberry wanted to offer good customer service they would have had the PIN check on all Sprint customer's. The issue of Sprint Radio not working, is not a Sprint issue, it is a Blackberry issue since thye have the software available to download on their website.

Than again may for customer's that do not use Sprint radio, they may like to the the option to send picture mail. If Sprint Radio does now work with the 4.5 release, than Blackberry needs to list on their website what will not work with certain provider's if they opt to upgrade to 4.5 at this time.

Blackberry makes the phones, and they need to inform customer's what limitations they may incur if they opt to the new software posted on the Blackberry website.

Journeyman

I think BB (Sprint as well of course) gave us the shaft. I tried going tohttp://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_upgradetoupdatemyphone to the 4.5 OS anditsaysIalreadyhavethelatestsoftware. Has anyone else tried/experienced this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat