cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Journeyman

Re: Update on 4.5 code upgrade

HTML email is one addition you have with 4.5. You have to resend your service books and activate it in the email options.

Highlighted
Patron

The MMS option will not be included in the official Sprint 4.5 OS release. This will be sent, when available, in a service book push. THis will probably also hapen sometime, hopefully shortly, after the OS upgrade is available.

Journeyman

If they are making an MMS application, how would it be a service book push? unless its an icon to download the program (which is corny).

we need an honest to god difinitive answer. Is it going to be the MMS service book, or is it going to be an application. And further more, where is it and when will we get it. I don't see many days left in November, so lets hear something. Give us something at least.... either it failed testing, or its coming along ok, or we had to start over, but at least tell us SOMETHING!

Journeyman

hey chadaccount how do you resend your service books?

Journeyman

Log into http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprintfrom your phone or from a PC and click on resend service books.

There is an icon called "email settings" on your blackberry that you can get to that page to resend them from instead of typing all that.

Thats for your email account service books. to get the others, you can go into options, mobile network and start provisioning. that usually does it. if you have a service book that is corrupt though go into options, advanced options, service books and delete the one you want to delete... then provision, then go into options, advanced options, host routing table and click register now.

Journeyman

I'm giving up and going back to a beta, screw this.

Journeyman

Long time reader, only posted a couple times. Today is 11-20. It has been over a month since your last update. Please give us anything! Either the code has passed testing or it hasn't....by now you should know. We need some information, and preferably a release date. I'm giving it another week and then I'm going to Verizon. They have the 4.5 os already and they have mms capabilities.

Message Edited by mpospisil on 11-20-2008 09:22 PM

Journeyman

And they have the Storm!

Even T-Mobile already got their 4.5 update, when it comes to blackberry sprint always seems to come in dead last with both the phones and the updates.

Journeyman

This total BS from Sprint at this point. I would go to Verizon in a second if they offered their unlimited plan for the same price as Sprint. I just checked Verizon and its $139.99/month for it compared to 99.99/month I pay with Sprint. Not worth the extra money a month to me. I think Sprint once again proves its horrible customer service. This isn't rocket science. On my nextel phone I could receive pic messages on my i730, but I couldn't respond to them. Thats a phone thats over 5 years old!! On my BB curve I have to click a link and open it in my web browser to see a pic. Get with the 21st century Sprint for once.

This update will never come and true mms messaging will never come for those of us with BB Sprint phones.

Wizard

Ok everyone, here is our update for this week from the teams working on 4.5:  

First off, yes we are still working to deliver the 4.5 software absolutely as soon as possible.  We want to make it absolutely clear that Sprint is not sitting on its laurels here.  We are working hard to ensure that the software you get is absolutely tip top and will do what you need (and nothing you don’t!).

Unfortunately the software is not quite ready.   Right now Sprint and RIM are working together to make the necessary modifications to ensure you have the best possible experience.  The good news is that we believe we are getting close to final software.

So keep a look out on the boards because the crowd here at Buzz will hear about it first!

Journeyman

SarahKS,

Thanks for the update. While late, it is appreciated.

From a semantics standpoint, you were not really correct in saying that "Sprint is not sitting on its laurels here." The actual phrase, "resting on your laurels," is used to imply that that you have previously overachieved and that you are not simply choosing to remain satisfied with the status quo, etc. Frankly, I don't think that anyone would ever say that Sprint has been a leader or an overachiever when it comes to service and support, therefore, it probably would've been more proper to say "Sprint is not happy to sit here while we get overtaken by the other wireless providers, therefore we are simply trying to make up the ground between us and our competitors."

Again, thanks for the update.

Wizard

I will forward your comments on to the team. I simply posted what they sent me.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat