cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on 4.5 code upgrade

Journeyman

Re: Update on 4.5 code upgrade

@notchstang92 wrote:

I was with Sprint since 2001 and I finally just had enough. The 4.5OS isn't coming and neither is reall MMS. The 4.5 is on all Tmobile, Verizon and AT&T. Sprint has no excuse just like with MMS. Even Nextel has MMS!!!! I switched to Verizon and I am paying more a month for the same plan, but I get MMS, better service in the same area as I had with Sprint. When you call Verizon support they are much better than Sprint, they actually solve your problem for you and don't lie to you.

I will say this for you 4.5 os people. I haven't noticed any difference in the phone. I downloaded it off Verizon's site and then you just hook up your phone to your computer and it loads it all for you. MMS is great though. Something Sprint customers will never see.

The Storm is nothing special. I tried one at the store. Keyboard sucks even if you hold is horizontally. Unless you have dainty girl fingers good luck. The letter buttons are too small.

I tried the storm today and ifound the same issues. I will stick with the curve.

I'm afraid many of us will leave Sprint over this OS and MMS issue. There is no excuse for Sprint on this. They have had ample time to get this out to the users and give us MMS. I'm sure that all that is in the way for them is money, they are making money from the sorry *bleep*ed picture mail service. Too bad for Sprint, they will lose even more customers.</p>

Journeyman

Any news on 4.5 OS update for Sprint Blackberry Curves?

Journeyman

doesnt verizon off some type of switching bonus?

Journeyman

@ceij85 wrote:

Not sure about that. Even if they do the rates are sooo much higher it makes it hard to switch.

Journeyman

@ickmule wrote:

@ceij85 wrote:

Not sure about that. Even if they do the rates are sooo much higher it makes it hard to switch.

Sort of true. I'm on the simply everything plan, and it'll suck having to pay 40 bucks more per month for the same package, but in exchange for that I will actually get to use the MMS I already pay for. I figure that has a value of 10 to 15 bucks a month, since that is what you would pay for it separately on other calling plans. So I'm really only paying 25 to 30 more a month. And in exchange for that I get a faster 3g network with better coverage (in my area anyway) and customer service that actually gives you straight forward answers and updates the f'ing software on their phones. It's worth it to me. I might have to give up unlimited minutes to get my bill down to what I pay now, but it's better than dealing with this BS for the rest of the time I have this phone.

Journeyman

@jverity wrote:

@ickmule wrote:

@ceij85 wrote:

Sort of true. I'm on the simply everything plan, and it'll suck having to pay 40 bucks more per month for the same package, but in exchange for that I will actually get to use the MMS I already pay for. I figure that has a value of 10 to 15 bucks a month, since that is what you would pay for it separately on other calling plans. So I'm really only paying 25 to 30 more a month. And in exchange for that I get a faster 3g network with better coverage (in my area anyway) and customer service that actually gives you straight forward answers and updates the f'ing software on their phones. It's worth it to me. I might have to give up unlimited minutes to get my bill down to what I pay now, but it's better than dealing with this BS for the rest of the time I have this phone.

For me I need the unlimited minutes for business so it would be a hard switch. I am very close to making it but that extra 40 bucks makes if difficult.

Journeyman

So, all this talk about the 4.5 update, I am starting to get a little depressed thninking it is only meant for the Curve and Pearl. Will us 8830 users get any update?

Journeyman

Hey, dusteater, I'm a Pearl user and have yet to see any sign of an official update to 4.5. So, I'm right there with ya and feel your pain.

I mean, I could even handle if they at least just said, "In favor of supporting new RIM devices, we will not be developing the 4.5 OS for the other devices available."

Honesty I can respect and deal with. Deception and stalling I can't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a good example of Sprint screwing over their customers again and not keeping their word. (Instinct developer contest anyone?)

Even little old T-Mobile already got their official BB 4.5 OS upgrades. Well I guess to be fair, soon enough they'll be replacing Sprint with the way Sprint manages to keep losing so many customers every quarter.

I thought the BB update was going to come out on 11/4. Didn't happen. Here we are nearly 2 months later and still nothing. Sarah's post from the "testers" (really, how long do you need to test something that's been out for months?) really bothers me because yeah I DO THINK they are sitting around and doing nothing! If they're making it the best it can be in their words, are we getting tons of extras that no other carrier got? Is that what's going on? Because if and when they finally get around to releasing the long over due update to their customers and it doesn't give us anything new over the other carriers, then yeah, that's exactly what they were doing all these months - NOTHING.

All I want is html email and documents 2 go. I don't want to have to pay for that when it's supposed to be in the update. But sprint sure isn't make this easy and I'm 100% sure of it now, if I could get the same priced bb plan at att or verizon, I'd leave sprint in a heart beat. But the everything 450 (with similiar features) over at verizon would be around $30 more a month. Sometimes I think it's worth it but in the end I keep staying with sprint. And sprint as always, keeps screwing their customers over. A million customers aren't leaving sprint 'just for the hell of it' every quarter.

Journeyman

I was thinking that there might be a different way to approach this issue since many of us are awaiting the BlackBerry OS 4.5 upgrade for our devices. Sarah, rather than reporting a target due date, maybe you can post a percent complete for the project. Does the Sprint OS upgrade team think that they are 25% done? 50%? 80%?

That gives the customers an idea of where the project is at without having to commit to a date that might not be accurate as new bugs are discovered and corrected.

Alan G

Journeyman

I have a great suggestion for you Sarah. Why doesn't Sprint offer a beta program we can participate in? That way, we can help test OS 4.5, and those of us who want to risk it can go ahead. I think this would be an easy way to make a lot of people happy until Sprint actually feels comfortable enough to release it.

What do the rest of you think about this? Agree/Disagree?

Journeyman

Sounds like a good idea, however, the call to accept external beta testers would have to come from the OS 4.5 upgrade product manager, not Sarah.

Alan G

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat