cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Blackberry Classic?

Journeyman

Update on Blackberry Classic?

Verizon is now offering the Classic and the Passport.  Any updates from Sprint?  Or can a Sprint representative confirm if they will never offer it?  I am holding out and have been with sprint for well over a decade, yet my Bold 9930 is aging quickly.  If we are not getting it, I will need to move on.

R/

Josh

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Update on Blackberry Classic?

No one on this forum can confirm a future device.  Currently there is no CDMA Passport or Classic in production from Blackberry.  This would have to happen before a carrier can offer it

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for 10 plus. And they are slack with Blackberry. Even with the updates. By the time we get it it will be outdated.

Journeyman

Actually, I believe the Classic has a CDMA version now. I was checking on it earlier. It's Verizon's

Journeyman

Highhiker, have you gone on to Crackberry.com? If not, check it out. They have " alternative " ways of getting OS 10.3. I'm using it now and am having no problems with it.

Journeyman

I have been trying to get installed for days now. I can download it but can't run it.

Journeyman

You are downloading on you computer right? Did you get an auto loader or each individual file? Also, you will need to download a program called Sachesi used to side load into your BlackBerry. Using an auto loader can be destructive meaning that it will completely wipe your device, so it's best if you back up everything on your BlackBerry device using BlackBerry Link. Crackberry has better instructions on getting the OS onto your phone if you want to make sure everything is right. For me also took out my Sim a SD card while installing the OS to my device.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat